Formula E Malaysia ePrix Race Discussion

Definite improvement over the opening race, the only downside is the coverage, ITV really need to do better, I know they can't change the timing of races but a mid morning/afternoon replay would have been nice instead of having to go online to find the race after missing it live at 5am.

I only saw the highlights having not realised the race was on so very early. Looked like a decent race but some very amateur mistakes from people that aren't amateur.

The most interesting thing is how open the field is. I have no idea who is going to be challenging for the championship as yet.

Really enjoyed the second race and so glad to see Sam Bird having somewhere to show off his obvious talents that have been ignored by F1.

Also glad to see that we are only on race 2 of the Formula E series and its already correcting and learning from its mistakes. The crap formation lap was gone, the international tv feed was much better, the fan boost was visable and the music was played over the start, pits and safety car and not the racing! I think we all know the tracks and the speed of the cars need to be better but I think thats only going to happen over time.

Well done to ITV4 for sorting its side of the TV show out too and I even enjoyed the commentary (even if Franchetti appeared to have completely forgotten Senna had changed car and was not driving the wonky one for half the race!).

Also hurrah for the return of the Trulli Train - now powered by electric!

Finally watched the Putrajaya race. I do enjoy watching these guys scrap it out. Thought Senna did a decent job with some seriously cock-eyed steering for a while there. Quite a shunt at the end for Bruno though.

Little Piquet put himself in a terrible position considering Trulli had to come in for a drive-through penalty for "Energy". Certainly not for the first time.

Sad moment at the start when Katherine Legge took out a fellow female competitor. She was hammering down that Fan Boost for a late charge though!!!

Pretty impressive that Prost has set both Pole times. Love the fact that Cowboy Karun is still plugging away and that a proper Trulli train was once again on display.

Could have been a better race if it weren't for those concrete barriers. I am in favour of a driver losing time if he goes off the tarmac but that was just over the top. Good for those who like safety cars though.

Back
Top Bottom