1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liberty Media buy F1

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Bill Boddy, Sep 4, 2016.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    very interesting, hearing some of the comments from Chase Carey at the FIA sport conference being held this week in Geneva, seems like now they have clean break as Bernie not using his position he was given

Formula One Group puts the boot into its predecessor, Bernie Ecclestone

“This sport has been underserved by a perpetual, short-term, deal of the day focus and one that has lacked a strategy, vision and longer-term plan, and a willingness to invest,”

“The sport didn’t have an organisation before,” he said. “Bernie, to his credit, was a one-man show with financial and legal support. One of the things we have done is put an organisation in place that can support the sport and we will have the key people in by August

“Priority one for us is still to make the sport and the competition on the track as exciting and engaging as it possibly can be, Just the nature of what we do on the track – whether it’s rules, engines, costs – take time. We’ve had meetings on what is the next generation engine … That engine isn’t going to get implemented in three months but it doesn’t mean we haven’t had multiple meetings.”

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    found more seems like todays aim is attack Bernie Ecclestone as now Sean Bratches is at it as well & from what i guess the fully pay tv deal wont be renewed & will revert back to the half/half deal we have now

F1 owners say UK paywall TV deal they have inherited is detrimental to sport

Sean Bratches has said the UK television rights deal they have inherited from the previous management with coverage entirely behind a paywall from 2019 to 2024 is detrimental to the sport

Sean Bratches said at the FIA conference. he sees free-to-air television as key to the future of the sport. Free to air is critically important to us, My vision as it relates to media rights is a hybrid of free to air & pay. Our plan is to balance the 2 but have a prominent, over the year, free-to-air voice. That is important from a fans, sponsors & relevance standpoint. There is the cauldron full of cash on the pay side & on the other side of the scale you have brand & reach. My view is a 30-70 model of free-to-air to pay, where you have a number of grands prix to be on free to air & then we can play & toil with the pay side to generate revenue that we can reinvest back into the sport.”

FB and teabagyokel like this.
  4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Wasn't sure where to put this but as Ross Brawn is mentioned this will do: F1 considering using gamers to trial new rules

vintly likes this.
  5. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fascinating article FB. Another tick for Liberty Media from me.

Share This