Liberty Media buy F1

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Bill Boddy, Sep 4, 2016.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    No argument from me for that. Because a cost cap & level playing field would bring great racing

But i think telemetry has taken something away from F1. As in Pirelli era sometimes its just engineers telling the drivers how to drive by data. Not allowed to push into the unknown anymore

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well Fernando seems to have already heard the drums and decided to follow the money.

4. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Carey admits existing races will be replaced - Pitpass.com

If, as the article says, Monza is replaced, I wonder if Ferrari will continue in F1.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Monza and Silverstone have been about to be dropped from the F1 calendar for about 20 years now. Frankly I'm bored of reading about it.

Angel, gethinceri and rufus_mcdufus like this.
  6. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I'm bored of waiting for it.
    Never rated either for the last 20 years.

7. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

He makes it certain, the bottom line is the bottom line; it's all down to to the size of the bid.

Have they looked at the audience size for the races, I suspect that the highest are the ones which are timed for the European and US markets

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018 at 14:44
  8. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    There is a difference this time: FOM is even more money-grubbing than Bernie was, plus the latter at least had some appreciation for the history of the sport.

One by one, over the years I have seen truly great circuits such as Rouen, Nurburgring, Spa, Clermont-Ferrand, Zandvoort, St. Jovite and Watkins Glen (you youngsters have no idea what you have missed) dropped from the calendar. While I prefer Brands Hatch over Silverstone, for me, the thought of losing the British and/or Italian races would, to me at least, mean the death of the sport that I have followed since the early 1960s.

Bill Boddy and Dartman like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice