Liberty Media buy F1

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Bill Boddy, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Angellica

Angellica Rookie Supporter

teabagyokel I think the paywall is a disastrously stupid idea. (end of sentence).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    yes ive said before comparing between cricket in 2005 on terrestrial tv, because you look at how huge that summer was for cricket, 8m is unheard of viewing figures. it was front page & back page news. open top bus & flintoff got a tv career of the back of it. whereas behind the paywall England win 3-0 Joe root was man of series. it barely made a dent in national news. that is worrying that f1 is going the same way

also I'm interesting in the viewing figures for Q3 & post qualifying. how big the own goal was. because according to gary lineker the viewing figures for Sweden quarter final was 19.7m & it had a TV share of 88%

4. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

There was a group of us who were chatting in the clubhouse one day when someone came in and asked if we would mind answering a few questions. It turned out to be one of those pollsters who ask toy what TV programme you were watching at a particular time.

This was about the previous day, we had been running one of our most important golf tournaments of the year and had all been busy with that, So quite possibly the FA Cup final viewing figures were down a bit that year.:no:

5. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

As we know there has been sort of promised that there will be rules coming out to limit the amount of aero in future. But was Silverstone the place where another change has started which will spread ad infinitum; I refer, of course, to the extension of DRS. Is the final aim to have DRS over the whole race and to be used at the will of the driver? It could be that it would reduce the turbulence even more and actually have a reverse effect making it to be avoided if there is someone who is close behind you.

It is late at night, after all.

gethinceri likes this.
  6. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I've long said that drivers should be free to use DRS wherever and whenever they like.

Some said it wouldn't be safe.
    I think it will encourage mistakes: and mistakes make good racing.

gethinceri likes this.
  7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    When DRS was first introduced drivers were able to use it anywhere on track during qualification. It was stopped on safety grounds. I agree it, if we have to suffer its use in F1 then it should be available anywhere at anytime.

gethinceri likes this.
  8. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yep, DRS anywhere and the slot as wide as you like.

Andyoak likes this.
  9. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

The thing is, it was brought in as an acceptable alternative to the F-duct (I've just noticed the schoolboy joke now I've written it :) ); and that could be used anywhere.

cider_and_toast likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice