Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I genuinely thought it was as simple as frustration that his car won't do what the Red Bull car will do. Not even necessarily that he's upset over Vettel's titles, just that he wants to drive a car that fast. And his only way of getting anyway close is by taking risks and driving every lap like a quali lap.

You can see from his numerous comments about that car at the start of the season that the Red Bull's pace and handling has left him flabbergasted and helpless.

Unfortunately that's quite boring though so the media must create stories out of very little. And unfortunately this has gone out of control and is crossing the line on what I believe is harassment and bullying. Unfortunately some other ex and current drivers see fit to jump on the bandwagon for airtime.

Of course this is all my view on it, but the lad has faced immense pressure and lack of support before but came through it because he was the best. Now he can't come close to being the best as that bloody car is so awesome and they've got a damn good driver behind the wheel.

That said I think Hughes has made a really interesting point. Hamilton is used to it being more difficult and having to pull off some incredible trickery to overtake. With DRS and KERS combined and the lack of predictability on how they will perform against the competitor I imagine with these stupid front wings it's more difficult for those with that greater natural talent to adapt. Alonso has lost his front wing also this season...

More disturbing for me was Hamilton's reaction after the drive through. What was the comment "What am I racing for?"
I was going to mention that after the race.
I think that's the first time I've ever heard him say something like that.
I interpreted it to mean the latter though.

Good job he put his head down and got on with it, considering where he finished.

More disturbing for me was Hamilton's reaction after the drive through. What was the comment "What am I racing for?" You could interpret that in a number of ways - What position can I possibly finish from here? or What's the point of this race? Let's hope it's the former rather than the latter.

I said earlier on in this thread that there was a huge amount of motivational talk from the pit wall to Lewis which I believe kept him going that race. He just said after the incident "I don't believe it". I don't know the tone but from the reaction of his crew I'd say it was likely to be a rather subdued Hamilton at that point.

...that just reinforces my opinion of Straw.

... it's clear that he really dislikes Hamilton...

I'm not sure the F1 editor of Autosport should be quite so forthright in making his personal feelings clear for one particular driver out of 24.

Perhaps CTA ought to use it's Forums as a platform to critique these editors?

I'm happy to lead the charge on the critique front, if you'd like Brogan.

Want me to write an article or start a thread? :D

Hmmm, I'm not so sure that's a good idea.
We don't want to give anyone any reason to have an issue with the site.

Some of us still remember what happened when one member criticised a piece in the Guardian by ex England rugby player Brian Moore; he registered on the site and gave him a dressing down.

If true, that's nothing more than a witchhunt.

You can understand why Hamilton's current mood is as it is when crap like this goes on.

Yep. They really are all out to get him now. Shame they can't do their talking on track. It must feel like being a homosexual quarterback for him at the moment. (that's american sporty talk)

Lewis' problems seemed to start from an after race interview....earlier this year when he had won a GP. He said........"he thought he was the only one who could take the challenge to Seb".....or something similar.
At the time his Dad was also interviewed & was quoted as saying his son was th best driver in the world.....
I thought then..................FA is not going to like that.

I dont like DRS & but if F1 are keeping this aid....maybe Lewis needs to get a place in the Channel Islands, so he can nip over to Woking/stay with MW? & use the simulator....just for the boring DRS pratice..........he seems to forget he has this aid sometimes..........& just goes for his overtakes ...wherever.....they come naturally.....

Hope Anthony Hamrilton returns to being LH manager.......Lewis needs a formidable person in his corner.

Lewis was watching his brother Nick racing BTCC a fortnight ago, he was shown briefly, watching from a stand. He wasn't interviewed.....he wants to be there for support not limelight. Not sensational.......so won't sell papers/mags

I really do hope that this is not true.

If the drivers have a beef, they should deal with it privately.

If the FIA have a beef, they should deal with it without other drivers.

This is the type of situation that Lewis could use a manager to assist, in dealing with the press, and supporting him in sorting out the situation, which is frankly ridiculous.

As has been said, I get the impression that the only driver who really has a beef is Massa, and I believe that the issue there was dealt with at the previous race with the drive through. As such, I am unsure of the need to go any further with it, other than to purposely cause ructions.

Anyway, I hope it turns out to be wide of the mark, as a witch hunt is really the last thing the sport needs

Google translation of the article:

Suzuka pilots meet to discuss Whiting FIA delegate on "bravado" by the Englishman's McLaren after the events in Singapore
Reviewing several times the sequence of the episode involving Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa at the Singapore Grand Prix, that the contact between McLaren and Ferrari Brazilian's English, it's really hard not to consider it a simple racing incident. Hamilton hit with the left front wing of McLaren right rear tire of the Ferrari of Massa, who forced the Brazilian to pit and boxes.

The fact, indeed the "nasty business" as they called the detractors of English, has sparked furious reaction not only the Mass - "Lewis does not use your brain" - but a series of disputes involving pilots and two other ex- world champions Niki Lauda and Jackie Stewart. The first said the incident saying: "I do not understand why one with the talent of Hamilton to be so stupid every time."

Jackie Stewart was instead restricted to the view that "If Lewis wants to be a great driver, should reflect more." The opinion of the great Scotland is probably the most balanced.

Hamilton's colleagues have now announced a meeting at Suzuka Grand Prix at Suzuka, with the delegate of the International Automobile Federation Charlie Whiting. Topic of the meeting will be the "antics" of English in Malaysia, Monaco, Montreal, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Belgium and, in fact, in Singapore. Although this last episode appears just a stunt.

But have the courage, the pilots, to ask the FIA ​​to take action against '"Obama" in Formula 1?

It does not like the McLaren, which is closing ranks around its driver. Martin Whitmarsh, the head of the British team, said: "Lewis is probably an aggressive driver, but he can use his head. The charges against him are not right. He is young and is still learning. But, make no mistake, he will win more championships. "

Beyond the general considerations, especially against Hamilton, there is still a question that is coming to many: Is he not that English is the so-called because it is a fast driver? Come to think better, you want to see that things are true.

How about you?

I thought this bit was interesting: " that the contact between McLaren and Ferrari Brazilian's English, it's really hard not to consider it a simple racing incident."

Couple of equally dodgy translations of Italian punters responses.

Meccanic said:

"Hamilton is without a doubt, with Alonso and Vettel is one of the most spectacular and beautiful piloti.Crea the GP to be seen, but on occasion it lets you take damage from the heat and the race of his colleagues. a slap on the ear of his team ho by the FIA ​​is right to do so. not serve to some attitudes primeggiare.Hà talent to burn. for me it is always better than Massa Ferrari is now become too compliant. For 2012 I would consider it appropriate to sostituilo saying thanks for what he gave to the ferrari. mine is not evil."

Greetings to all Beps
(I'd love to know hat "Beps" are)

gmazzullo said:

"THE SPIRIT OF RACING
I too believe that the problem lies in the speed of Hamilton. is true, but that often combines trouble is because Lewis is often tussle with others. If you drive a Red Bull and should take on every race, as does Vettel.

For too long in F1 racing is confused with the misconduct but it is not right. Well be the "melee" is the true spirit of racing. For too long, the drivers are accustomed to give up the fight and wait for them the mechanics in the pits to make the sorpasi on their behalf. The battle Hamilton - Schumacher at Monza has been exciting and, fortunately ended without incident would be sanctioned, it would take to every race but to do this should throw away the phone number of Tilke tracks and start to realize true. Lewis is very fast and extremely competitive is normal that, in the effort to end fighting, sometimes, to collide with opponents, but that's racing. It is sanctioning the "zig zag" or misconduct, but the real fights are well "muscle". With this logic of sanctions for each contact you mortify all the battles on the track. In conclusion, Hamilton would do well to think a little 'more, but should not stop being arrembante because this is motor racing."

Not dissimilar to views "heard" in this thread and the chaps don't come across as particularly anti-Hamilton. Thought that was quite nice, myself.

Italian F1 fans are used to fighters like Nuvolari and Villeneuve - two of Enzo Ferrari's all time favourites - so it's hardly a surprise they'd like a guy like Hamilton.

I'll write something ridiculous (and i'll say why after):

If Felipe' drove faster, he wouldn't have been hit from behind by Lewis and Mark Webber at Monaco, Singapore and Monza...and he wouldn't have lost out to Schuey while shadowing Kobash here in Canada. ;)

That statement is just as ridiculous as Felipe's current vandetta against Lewis, IMO.

Advice to Felipe': Leave it alone...Drive On man! And drive faster!

Who else?

Most likely candidate would be the guy from the neighbouring country: Maldonado (who, frankly, ought to have been thrown out of the Belgian Grand Prix!)

There's no one else who could justify it, certainly not guys like Webber or Kobayashi. Jenson won't - for obvious reasons...and Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher and Rosberg don't have any cause in this either. Alonso and Hamilton haven't really had any material on-track run-ins surprisingly (except for the minor one in Malaysia).

I'm afraid it'll just be frustrated Felipe and Chevez' boy, Pastor. ;)

Perhaps they'll be the only two in the meeting and will likely end up discussing petroleum reserves off the coasts of Venezuela and Brazil and whose offshore drills in the Atlantic belong to whom.

Hehe :D

A Babel fish translation of the article from Italian to English. Makes it sound almost comical.

To Suzuka the pilots will meet the delegate Fia Whiting in order to discuss on the “blusters” of English of the McLaren after the facts of Singapore See again many times over the sequence of the episode that has been involved Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Mass to the Great Prize of Singapore, that is the contact between the McLaren of English and the Ferrari of the Brazilian, it is indeed difficult does not consider it a simple incident of contest. Hamilton hits with the left front wing of the McLaren skillful the posterior rubber of the Ferrari di Massa; that hole and forces the Brazilian to the box.

The fact, indeed “fattaccio” as they have defined it the detractors of English, has triggered not only the furious reaction of Mass - “Lewis does not use the brain “- but a series of controversies that has been involved other pilots and two former champions of the world, Niki Lauda and Jackie Stewart. The first one has commented the episode saying: “I do not understand because with the talent of Hamilton it must be every thus stupid time”.

Jackie Stewart instead has been limited to consider that “If Lewis wants to be a great pilot, it must reflect more”. The judgment of the great Scot probably is balanced.

The colleagues of Hamilton have while announced a reunion to Suzuka, in occasion of the Great Prize of Suzuka, with the delegate of the International Federation of the Automobile Charlie Whiting. Argument of the encounter will be the “blusters” of English in Malaysia, to Montecarlo, Montreal, Silverstone, to the Hungaroring, in Belgium and, exactly, to Singapore. Even if this last episode does not appear just a bluster.

But they will have the courage, the pilots, to ask the Fia to take provisions against the” Obama” of Formula 1?

The thing does not appeal to the McLaren not at all, than ago squared around its pilot. Martin Whitmarsh, the head of the English team, has said: “Lewis is probably an aggressive pilot, but it knows to use the head. The accusations in its confront are not at all right. He is young and it is still learning. But, it is to you of sure, it will gain other championships”.

Al beyond the considerations generates them, above all those against Hamilton, is however a doubt that is coming to many: it will not be at all that the English is on the so-called because is a fast pilot? To think to us better, you want to see that the things are own thus.

You what of thoughts?

The "Obama" of F1 ROFL

Back
Top Bottom