Current Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Hamberg, Jun 20, 2011.

1. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    This would never have led to disqualification... every other case of cutting the pit line has led to a time Penalty though... you do have to ask why that was not done...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I do remember it now. That was teams error for mixing up/making a late call not Hamiltons

4. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    ROFL

5. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Lewis Hamilton: Sergey Sirotkin 'disrespectful' in Brazil Q2 near-miss

Apparently Sirotkin was disrespectful.... frankly if Hamilton dicks around, going very slowly on his out lap, he should expect to get overtaken!

Andyoak and F1Brits_90 like this.
  6. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    A couple of Lewis' quotes from a BBC News article:

"I love space. I would love to go to space. That's a dream that is kind of crazy. I'd love to go in a fighter jet.

I went to Nasa last year which was awesome so that was one of my dreams. I'm massively into space."

Dare I say it he's grown on me slightly this year. My take on celebs and people with serious money going into space is this: Astronauts always seem to have a humbled, holistic view of the earth, for obvious reasons. The stars all look the same, it's the earth that changes. Hence the Hamiltons of this world who buy a ticket to space will hopefully come back and wax lyrically about the precious earth and how we must take better care of it. They have an audience of millions so this is a Good Thing.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  7. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

"i want to drive a spaceship. No - I want ice cream and chocolate, lots and lots".

Andyoak likes this.
  8. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Has this become the Kimi thread, Rufus?

Bill Boddy, Dartman and rufus_mcdufus like this.
  9. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-facing-possible-abu-dhabi-grid-penalty/

A great illustration of how much of Hamilton's achievements are due to the team more than to his abilities, considerable though they are.

10. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

:rolleyes:

11. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Lewis has been the class of the grid this season, particularly when they came back from the mid-season break. A thoroughly deserved Championship having put his team mate in his box very early on in the season. As unequal a match as Scumacher/Barrichello or Vettel/Webber.

Hamberg, Chasz and RasputinLives like this.
  12. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Poor old Rubens. At least he had a contract to blame that enforced his good behaviour on the odd occasion he did manage to show his pace against Schumi. I've no idea what Bottas's excuse was??

Chasz and Hamberg like this.
  13. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
  14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    To be fair to him I've seen people ask Paul McCartney if the real Paul died in 1967, ask Katy Perry whether she is really JonBenet Ramsey and shout "Melisa!" At Avril Lavigne withot people calling them a dumbass so I'll give him a pass on this remark. This video is actually the most excited I've seen him in ages.

15. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

I find it interesting to ask an astronaut what they think of hoax theories. It doesn't mean Lewis endorses them.

16. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I haven't watched the video but from the article it appears the question was "why do people think there was a hoax?" which, to use RasputinLives analogy would be the same as asking Macca "why do people think you died in 1967?"

Another "non-news" story I think.

(didn't we once have a Hamilton non-news thread or am I imaging that?)

17. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I've watched the section where he asks the question, and there's no hint that he holds any feeling that there may have been a hoax. I think he asks the question well to be fair. I was expecting something more clumsy. But if it helps persuade one or two people who watch the video of the truth then fair play for asking the question as he did.

18. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Yup - The Lewis Hamilton Non-News Thread

Interested in the Macca one, that's new to me.

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Macca died in a motorbike accident in 1967. They replaced him with the winner of a Paul McCartney lookalike contest called Billy Shears just before recording Sgt Pepper. They all grew beards to disguise the fact Paul's face had changed. Then once they had got away with the biggest case of fraud of all time they littered their lyrics with clues to the fact he was dead....as you do.

"Here's another clue for you all - The Walrus was Paul"

FB likes this.
  20. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    FB, the cover of Abbey Road is a funeral procession. Paul is barefoot which is a sign of death in one of the religions. The registration of the VW Beetle is 28IF which means Paul would have been 28 if he'd lived when the album was released. The cover of Sgt Pepper is supposed to represent Pauls grave. If you listen to then end of Straberry Fields Forever there is a snatch of mixed up music in the playout and you can hear John say "I burried Paul".

There are loads of things that people have linked to it.

FB likes this.
  21. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    But why would his replacement stay married to Linda for so many years?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice