Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I thought it was due to the fact that no one at the track or sat in the mega techno thought brain centre top secret HQ could make a radio work and then tell a professional Formula 1 driver and four time world champion how to drive his car to win the race?

I guess that went above my head ... I'm not sure if you guys have discussed Lewis' overtaking of 3? cars at a time. I think that was the (positive) highlight of the race

The generally clueless Jack Nicholls from the 5 Live Chequered Flag podcast claimed that Hamilton is only good under pressure and that’s why and to put himself in the shop window, he hasn’t signed a new contract.

May be.
If only unsigned contract is not reason of lack the pace

He has been saying things about wanting to know more about the future of F1 before decoding what to do; this could show a loss of interest which would account for everything. Liberty may have mush to do with ot.

Is it just me or is anyone else fed of hearing Hamilton complaining on the radio when things don't go exactly his way? I know he's not the only one, Alonso does too and especially did so when he was driving the McLaren Honda, Grosjean does it too, even Vettel had a spell of doing it. Hamilton just seems to do it a lot lately.

Granted we only get to hear what the TV production people feed out to us but I have to admit I think Hamilton set a new personal best for moaning on the Radio at Monaco. The only other thing that fills me with the urge to throw up as much as listening to Hamilton moan on is hearing the words 'and now we are going to the pit wall to hear from Christian Horner...."

Having said that, the 'radio moan of the day' award goes to Lance Stroll who neatly summed up what everyone was thinking on Sunday when he declared 'Why bother racing?".

I hear you Lance, I hear you.

Off subject but on subject if you know what I mean. Under the safety car in F2 they broadcast a number of George Russell's radio messages with him moaning/complaining etc. He was able to see that he was being broadcasted on the big screen as they were going round which prompted the radio message "I'd be fascinated to know why all my radio messages are being broadcast"

LOL

The only other thing that fills me with the urge to throw up as much as listening to Hamilton moan on is hearing the words 'and now we are going to the pit wall to hear from Christian Horner...."

Off topic alert!!!! - Sky managed to make it worse than Chrissie this weekend with Cyril About a ball of Lulu of Renault on pit wall duty. I have no idea whether he had anything of interest to say as a combination of a piss poor radio connection and an accent which made Inspector Clouseau sound English made all the exchanges incomprehensible.

You're right, that Lance Stroll message was spot on. 'Going to Christian Horner', that fills me with a certain kind of dread too.

Yes, I know we only get edited highlights of the radio messages and they can slant it so one driver or another appears to be behaving in a certain way, but Hamilton has got particularly whiny lately for me. I suppose it doesn't help that I don't like him in the first place.

I'm just glad Jacques Villeneuve isn't racing anymore. I loved the guy, was in his fan club the whole works, but given how he talks about F1 these days I don't think I'd need to hear his views.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the drivers used to deliberately swear knowing they couldn't put the messages out if they did? Since they found the bleep button that no longer works.

Hamilton is a top Hindsight Strategist on the radio. He always, without exception, told the team that their strategy was wrong just before he went on it.

I don’t know how many times he was told that the rest of the top four were all on the ultras on Sunday, but it seemed like a lot.

Back
Top Bottom