Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

F1 2018: Lewis Hamilton hopes for unpredictability from Australian GP

'Hamilton wants a repeat of 7 different winners from 7 different races like in 2012 and hopes for unpredictable season'

No he doesn't. Stop BSing us Merc. He is a sportsman who wants to win every race. We understand that. Stop with this whole PR of 'we want a good show'. It's a load of crap. You never heard Usain Bolt saying 'I really hope I only win by a tenth of a second'.

I disagree, I think Hammy just wants to beat a top-class field. Wanting to win every race doesn't mean he wants it easy. If he beats Vettel in a genuinely competitive Ferrari (again) then his legacy as 'better than Vettel' is practically assured. All other benchmarks are historic and hence redundant.

Edit: How dare I forget Red Bull! Oh well Red Bull make me remember you this time ok??

vintly that's not what that interview is about. It's the Merc PR machine trying to make us feel like they care about our entertainment and how they wished everyone could compete with them, they are the fans friends and want exciting racing. Meanwhile they do everything they can politically to make sure no one catches up with then and they keep their advantage.

Hear your point RasputinLives but there's only three quotes from Hamilton in the article, none from Toto or anyone else from Merc. However I don't imagine he'd be saying what he's quoted as saying on the back of four defeats.

I've just been wracking my brain, apart from Fangio* who never really had team mates, more some chap in the other car, can anyone think of a world champion who has never been beaten by a team mate? Even Jim Clark was beaten by Innes Ireland in 61.

* I'm only counting whole seasons which for Fangio does not include 1958.

Edit: James Hunt. Didn't race for long but over a full season was never beaten by a team mate. Anyone else?

Last edited:
i thought hakkinen had but was beaten once in 1997 by coulthard, which i wouldn't have thought as did mika win the 1st & last race of 97 season, then i could've said Schumacher as he was never beaten in his 1st spell & only on his return

Back
Top Bottom