Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Any rating is subjective.
How many people - so many opinions.
For the interest I decided on the basis of data from the site driverdb.com
to build a table at the most notable drivers of the Formula 1
not only in Formula 1, but in the other Formul series.
It gives to us the opportunity to somewhat reduce the argument regarding
the dependence of the results of the pilots in Formula 1 from the technics.

DriverCareer.jpg

To be anything like a true comparison the number of car failures should be taken into account olegg. Fangio won 50% of the F1 races in 1950 but he won 100% of the races where he did not have a car failure. I shan't mention car capabilities either....

To be anything like a true comparison the number of car failures should be taken into account olegg. Fangio won 50% of the F1 races in 1950 but he won 100% of the races where he did not have a car failure. I shan't mention car capabilities either....
All is relative.
In the any time period amount of failure for drivers
was with plus/minus a little difference equal.
Fangio was great.
But not only he had technicals failures.
And in the Fangio's era level of drivers was much more different.
In that times amateurs could participating in the Formula 1 races.
Now it is unreal.

Of those Fangio had the option of taking a team members car in the event of a crash or mechanical failure which tends to bend the statistics, the rest were out in either case, of the others Clark and Fangio raced in both F and F2 during his F1 career the others graduated from the lower formula so that would also bend the statistics.

I think this might but an end to Hamilton to ferrari rumours now. Assuming it will be 2021 & i doubt we ferrari will be interested in a 36yr old. But vettel to mercedes rumours might still stick because he would be 33 in 2021 or unless he wants to cement his legacy as 1 of greats beating Lewis as his teammate

Screenshot_20180222-121318.jpg

K. I. M. I.

True but isnt Kimi was 33 when ferrari resigned him. Being harsh only there as good as he was/is as a stopgap because vettel likes him & they couldnt find anyone to replace him & providing he can prove on track transfering his talents from F2 to F1 then 2019 Leclerc should take him

But what i will give you the last 36yr old to move to ferrari was a British world champion in Nigel Mansell. So never know

Last edited:
If Leclerc turns out to be as good as he promises then there is no way in a million years that Vettel will let him come to Ferrari A squad. He is sitting there as back up in case Vettel leaves or drops form.

Lewis has 100 races in order to try to reach
- for 91 wins need 29
- for 155 podiums need 38
- for 77 fastest laps need 39
Podiums are the most likely target

Back
Top Bottom