Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

1500x500

This man is not only a great pilot, but a decent man who understands his responsibility to underprivileged children.
And this strongly distinguishes he from the virtual fighters for the freedom of expression of someone's alternative aspirations.

Last edited:
I got "The Real Score" by Brian Harvey for Crimble. He attempts to score drivers based on all Grands Prix, including non-championship races, and a whole raft of other criteria, Lewis comes in 9th. The top 10 is:

1. Juan Manuel Fangio
2. Jim Clark
3. Alberto Ascari
4 Jean Pierre Wimille (?)
5. Stirling Moss
6. Jackie Stewart
7. Ayrton Senna
8. Michael Schumacher
9. Lewis Hamilton
10. Alain Prost

All you super stats fans will love the book - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Formula-One-Score-Brian-Harvey/dp/1787110273

Personally I do not like lists like this, it is a case of measuring the unmeasurable. Having said that there is a lot to be said for most of his choices.

My gorgeous Grandson, 4 and brother to a bossy 6 year old and an equally bossy 2 year old, both sisters, went through/ is going through a stage of dressing up in Princess dresses, just like his sisters. Wise Mum and Dad take no notice. When I got both girls baby dolls for their birthdays, he asked if I would get him one for his. I said I would, and I wasn’t remotely bothered by his request. However come his Birthday he’d changed his mind, he wanted Paw Patrol Guys. He has a Star Wars bedroom because that’s what he wanted, cars all over the floor, which he plays with sometimes in his sisters Princess dresses. No one gives a damn. Kids like pretty, even little boys.
I think LH did his nephew no favours, and I have lost a lot of respect.

The funny thing is that Lewis' get up couldn't be more ridiculous. Appalling hair-don't, joke leggings and a Louis Vuitton bum-bag.

Back
Top Bottom