Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Growing Veg is hardly a planet saving exercise though.

Thousands of square feet of land gets ripped up and miles and miles of polly tunnels put in place to ensure we have all year round supplies of veg.

It is less planet damaging than the alternative supply through meat - where even more land gets ripped up, turned into grassland, to feed methane-producing cows (or pigs or sheep)... (and that's before we get into the awful welfare implications of farmed meat)

The (carbon) footprint of vegetables is much smaller than that of animals (and that's not just because vegetables cannot get up and walk around)

Whilst I applaud Hamilton for taking on a vegan diet, I do wonder how he justifies wearing leather jackets: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09/13/10/2C4208EB00000578-0-image-m-4_1442137559865.jpg
- or the Suede boots he was wearing on Jonathan Ross at the weekend!

As opposed to others here, I'm beginning to re-assess my evaluation of him and my conclusion so far is that he is incredibly clever and taking the piss fully aware that his actions and his lifestyle oppose the general consensus on how a vegan would lead his life.

Probably struggle with styling...
Endorsement; maybe picking a few colours; multiple choice decisions.

Sorry, but even styling implies artistic talent.

Isn’t that this guy?
7B3193EF-2A8D-4089-A738-E590DEBE1473.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom