Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Anyone else see his Instagram pics over the weekend? Lewis has grown dreds, wonder if he will keep them for the race this weekend?

Saw the pictures, and could care less if he wore dreds or not. But glad to read as he said regarding his future, " I've got five or six years left of my career in racing." I could live with that, which sounds awfully good to me.

Congratulations are in order for Lewis at winning his 68 pole position, and equaling Michael in that category, A brilliant race win today on his part, and also being voted by the fans as driver of the day.

RasputinLives Aaaaagh no no no no no! (In the voice of Lewis himself at Malaysia last year).

This is not good! However there is still hope. "...at least for the duration of Sebastian Vettel's new contract with the Scuderia.", so says the article. And that contract may end up being reduced by a year or so. Or extended. Hmmm.

I wouldn't go looking at that Caribbean holiday yet Ras, I'm still in with a shout while it's still mathematically possible and all that. But I won't be upping the bet anytime soon either.

This is what happens when there is a limit on the number of engines which can be used in a season; the FIA cannot enforce new conditions once the season has started.

This is what happens when there is a limit on the number of engines which can be used in a season; the FIA cannot enforce new conditions once the season has started.

What is even more of a disgrace is that the customer engines will not be allowed the extra oil burn that Mercedes is getting, as they have not yet got this updated engine, and so will be bound by the "post Monza rule"...

worked out with the Lewis Hamilton 59 fans with the average. Lewis could break the 92 wins record of Schumacher in end of 2023 or early 2024. do we think lewis will still be in a competitive car or even in F1 by then

Subjectively, for me he's the best qualifier of his generation. Comparisons with other eras are pointless; Fangio had a much higher strike rate at a time when there was no formal qualifying session as such - and grid position wasn't anything like as important to winning races as it is now.

You all missed Lewis' other record this weekend. He's the first driver to win back to back races in 2017. Oh, and the only driver to ever pen a poem to a dead Princess.

That poem was truly the most appalling piece of literature ever considered, let alone published. It was as if it had been written by a simple-minded My Little Pony.

Back
Top Bottom