Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Hamilton 'robbed' by 'boring as f***' F1 template | PlanetF1

Uggggh. I hope he was taken out of context in this article. Bemoaning having to work hard and be 'boring' in order to do the job he gets paid millions of pounds for does not come across well. It sounds as if he believes all none motor racing drivers can do what they want whilst swanning around with our mates going to art museums every day.

You Weren't robbed pal. You chose to want to be a racing driver and it's only right you have to work bloody hard to do it.

Seems like he's talking about the early years developing his skills through McLaren. The poor little cherub didn't get out to play much because inconveniently he had to work hard and spend the bulk of his time learning to be a top line racing driver.

It's all ok now though because while he missed out on playing footy with Mick, Joe, Shamas and Dave off the estate, he's best mates with Jay-Z so its all good.

Someone should take his life story and turn it into a film after all its never been heard before.

Child star misses out on growing up to sacrifice everything to be the best then later in life reflects on a lost youth.

I have never heard that story before.

:facepalm:

I think it is being taken out of context. I read it that his personality and life was stifled to fit into a stereotype probably created by Ron Dennis and sponsors.

He has now proven that you can work hard and play hard without it impacting your performance.

Just about every driver who has been through McLaren under his Ronness, has complained about that at some point.

Hamilton has demonstrated on a number of occasions an ability to make his car wide so can have no complaints about Vettel.

As for his fitness, yeah he sounded shot at the end of the race and even a short while after. It could well be that these harder to drive cars have taken him by surprise. He has come in for criticism before for enjoying the off season a little too much. Maybe those chickens have come home to roost.

im not sure i think it might have been the 1st signs of 2017 cars coming through because as he said in the interview it was the 1st time he could remember in long time that he was able to push on limit all race. & also he didnt have drinks bottle in the car to save on weight due the merc getting bit overweight over the winter. & i might be wrong but i believe Vettel was probally deploying the alf ramsey mindgames from the 1966 world cup when both teams were knackered going into Extra time, as the germans sat on the grass to rest he told the english you stand up so they think that you have more fitness

Not sure about that F1Brits_90 think that's wishful thinking. Listen to Vettels radio messages and he is calm as anything. Even had a quip for Massa when he was charging Lewis down.

Seems like he's talking about the early years developing his skills through McLaren. The poor little cherub didn't get out to play much because inconveniently he had to work hard and spend the bulk of his time learning to be a top line racing driver.

It's all ok now though because while he missed out on playing footy with Mick, Joe, Shamas and Dave off the estate, he's best mates with Jay-Z so its all good.

Someone should take his life story and turn it into a film after all its never been heard before.

Child star misses out on growing up to sacrifice everything to be the best then later in life reflects on a lost youth.

I have never heard that story before.

:facepalm:
Aaah, well perhaps I should tell you about his dad's 3 jobs and a council house..................

No discussion about how tired Hammy was during and after the race. He sounded like he was struggling more than other drivers over the radio and looked knackered in the podium room compared to Vettel and Ricciardo. I believe he recently got rid of his trainer and physio and is doing his own thing with regard to personal fitness. Any connection?
Could be due to him apparently removing the drinks bottle from his car to save weight.

Hamilton gives up on drinks bottle to save weight

Not sure about that F1Brits_90 think that's wishful thinking. Listen to Vettels radio messages and he is calm as anything. Even had a quip for Massa when he was charging Lewis down.

Maybe, but when you think that in the pirelli era before 2017 theyve been going around average lap stint of 5/6 seconds slower than they did in qualifying going nowhere near limit to babysit tyres. Then the extra downforce, grip & G force as corners that werent flatout are now

Fastest lap on sunday was 3.4secs quicker than last year & wouldve actually had him 7th on grid beside bottas

The guy (Hamilton) competed in a two-car World Championship last year and was second, so I don’t think he can say much.

ROFL

While Hamilton may have a point he needs to be a bit more tactful.

There's a wonderful comment by Nigel Roebuck in his Autosport column where he describes Hamilton's remarks as churlish.

Roebuck wonders if "there were folk who made similarly graceless remarks about Formula 1 ten years ago, when an English rookie qualified fourth for his first grand prix?"

Fair point I think.

Back
Top Bottom