Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

It is a pity that in recent years, superficially Lewis often behaves very arrogantly.
So it was this time on the parade of the pilots.
So it was at the end of the race when many fans gathered in front of the Mercedes garage
with banners to support him at a difficult time, but he didn't went out to see them.
For the benefit of his image if Lewis would be more open.
I can't comment on that particular incident because I didn't see it, but I think it's unfair to say Lewis isn't open with his fans. He spends a lot of time with fans. I think it's important to him to connect with fans and is why he has such a large following on social media. I know people who've met him, been invited into the garage etc. Sometimes after races drivers have to go straight to media interviews and can't always be available.

I think it's unfair to say Lewis isn't open with his fans. He spends a lot of time with fans. I think it's important to him to connect with fans and is why he has such a large following on social media.

racecub.......I can't see how a driver can have any more contact with his fans. As Lewis must have felt, when he wanted to go body surfing with them.

Given Lewis's great love of the US and given the amount of attention Alonso's entry into the Indy 500 has brought about (30,000 viewers for rookie orientation!), you have to think Hamilton is mulling over entering himself. They do seem a perfect match for each other.

Think F1 might need to shift the date of the Monaco GP in near future.

I can't comment on that particular incident because I didn't see it, but I think it's unfair to say Lewis isn't open with his fans. He spends a lot of time with fans. I think it's important to him to connect with fans and is why he has such a large following on social media. I know people who've met him, been invited into the garage etc. Sometimes after races drivers have to go straight to media interviews and can't always be available.

I'm not saying that Lewis is "closed".
I myself am a his fan and was at the races on the Main grandstand with the banners in his support.
But there are some points that spoil the impression.
For example how he behaved during the parade pilots. Later I'll post a video filmed from the main grandstand.
He as usual sat far away by the side of all the pilots who stood and greeted the fans.
He also jumped from the car before it stops, without even turning to the grandstands.
It wasn't pleasant.

He's perhaps trying to play some mind games with Vettel. I think these will be about as successful as Damon Hill was with Michael Schumacher.

It will be interesting to see if the opportunity arises for Raikkonen to hold Lewis up, giving Vettel an advantage in one of the coming races, and quite what the reaction will be.

Yeah. Seb didn't seen too upset by the Bottas thing. Guess it's part of racing. I'm sure Kimi will be in the mix somewhere eventually.

I got the impression Hamilton was not happy about the close call out of the pit lane but I'm pretty certain he'd have done the same if the situation was reversed. Given he had been talking earlier this year about how he prefers wheel to wheel racing over strategy you'd think he'd be excited at go wheel to wheel with Seb.

No discussion about how tired Hammy was during and after the race. He sounded like he was struggling more than other drivers over the radio and looked knackered in the podium room compared to Vettel and Ricciardo. I believe he recently got rid of his trainer and physio and is doing his own thing with regard to personal fitness. Any connection?

Hamilton has demonstrated on a number of occasions an ability to make his car wide so can have no complaints about Vettel.

As for his fitness, yeah he sounded shot at the end of the race and even a short while after. It could well be that these harder to drive cars have taken him by surprise. He has come in for criticism before for enjoying the off season a little too much. Maybe those chickens have come home to roost.

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom