Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

marksawatsky I used to like Vettel then he seemingly won every race forever and I started hating him and the finger. But I'm now back to liking him again. So I know what you mean.

Does anyone else feel Lewis's comments are designed to continue his digs at Rosberg?

Their patting on the back stuff does remind me of Alonso's old trick of "my closest rival and best driver on the grid at the moment is *insert name of driver who Isn't his closest rival*" comments, however at this point I have no idea what they are trying to gain from it.

marksawatsky I used to like Vettel then he seemingly won every race forever and I started hating him and the finger.

When you express it like that it reminds of Edgar A. Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart", in which the narrator is obsessed with the "blue, vulture eyes" of an old man.

To answer your question, yes, and it's insanely boring because Rosberg is no longer racing and it shows that Hamilton is a sore loser, this partly understandable because he misses out on the chance of revenge due to Rosbergs retirement.

Last edited:
They all play games. Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton. I'd say the biggest gamer is Alonso. There's nothing wrong with that it's part of what's involved when you're at the top of the game.

Hamilton- Is he constantly getting digs at Rosberg? I doubt it. It's history as far as he's concerned. He's likely pissed that he lost the championship on technical issues to someone he considers less of a challenge than Alonso or Vettel. But that's gone now.
I'd say he respects Vettel and Alonso greatly and is relishing the fight ahead this season with Vettel, hence the love fest.

Vettel - I've never been completely convinced his talent is as good as his world championship tally suggests. But so far this season gotta respect him. He's outdriving that Ferrari, or Kimi is a disaster, or maybe a bit of both? Enjoying him immensely this year. Out of the car, he's fantastic, love his sense of humour and quick witted answers, cool guy! In the car when things don't go right, he's a different character.

Alonso - can't deny this guys talent. Regularly outdives his car. An absolute player that has maybe let games affect some choices he's made. Or he's just made wrong choices, been unlucky. But have to feel sorry for him. He could be right up their in the right car.

Well that's my thoughts, I don't quite know how I got into that driver analysis, maybe it's to do with wine LOL

I give him a bit of stick sometimes but fair play to Lewis coming out after the race and not hiding behind 'car issues' today. He basically said he was slower than the others, he knows where he was losing time and he'd fix it next time out. I like that.

Lewis seems to have off days and when he goes off, he really goes off. Of course we can't judge him on these dips in form because overall, he's a brilliant driver. He was off in Singapore and Azerbaijan last year and he was off in Russia this year. I hope he returns to form soon so he can catch Vettel

Washed up has been. The Russian GP just went to prove what many of use knew, that the 3 times World Champion and winner of 54 Grands Prix is actually just crap and all the talk about his skill and talent were just hogwash...

Washed up has been. The Russian GP just went to prove what many of use knew, that the 3 times World Champion and winner of 54 Grands Prix is actually just crap and all the talk about his skill and talent were just hogwash...

Ridiculously that Vettel which was washed totaly by Ricciardo in 2014
now one of main pretenders for 5 title :)

It is a pity that in recent years, superficially Lewis often behaves very arrogantly.
So it was this time on the parade of the pilots.
So it was at the end of the race when many fans gathered in front of the Mercedes garage
with banners to support him at a difficult time, but he didn't went out to see them.
For the benefit of his image if Lewis would be more open.

Back
Top Bottom