Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

If there was a sniff of a chance, especially given the bad press surrounding the ousting of RD, I wonder if McLaren could prize Hamilton out of Mercedes this winter?

It would be extremely interesting to watch.

Ah yeah, forgot they'd confirmed Button's replacement already.

I really have been out of it this seaon. Most weeks I haven't even bothered reading my copy of Autosport. I've told wifey to cancel the subscription.

RasputinLives - he started the day, and then withdrew through "illness"... However would he have coped in the '90s when there were 3 day tests all through the season after every single European race (apart from when there were back to back races)... Even then, Ferrari would be running a separate race and test programme!

He is not alone, Raikonnen is not exactly a fan of driving round and round just to see how good the car setup is with a full load of fuel.

he would have been co-champion with this year's result in the 30s:

THE 2016 CHAMPIONSHIP
WITH 1930s RULES!

Final results:

N Rosberg 48
L Hamilton 48
D Ricciardo 70
M Verstappen 75
S Perez 82
S Vettel 86
K Räikkönen 86
V Bottas 87