Kamui Kobayashi

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by teabagyokel, Jul 7, 2011.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Who would you put in instead FB?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

I see having a Japanese driver in the sport as a massive positive for F1 and Koby is a very exciting driver to watch and brings a huge fan base with him seeing him on the podium at Suzuka was a glorious F1 moment, well it was for me anyway...

Jen and Fenderman like this.
  4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    To be absolutely honest RasputinLives I don't know but this is a step back, not a step forward. I'm sure there are lots of very talented young drivers in the lower formulas and I'd like to see a new face.

Road of Bones likes this.
  5. Plutus

Plutus Rookie

He is just as talent or limited?, as Perez. I consider him to be a valuable addition to the team.

6. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

I always thought Sato was better, frankly.

7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Sato? Hmmmm. Don't disagree with you very often Road of Bones but going to have to there.

Kamui wil perform to the level of his machinary and bring home a result. He's exceptionally good at making a strategy work. Sato was all random speed and no control with the lack of points he scored compared to his team mates tending to be embarrasing.

8. Road of Bones

Don't care RasputinLives - I liked Sato, whereas I never caught the Kamui hype. Guess I never forgave him for holding up Jenson at Brazil in '09. Nobody ever said I had to be rational about it, or follow the herd in singing his praises.

9. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Holding up is a tad harsh. They were fighting for position and whilst our friend JB had a little moan about him if you go back and look he held his line and was just fighting for his position.

Does your likeness for Sato come from him putting up no fight against JB? ;)

10. Road of Bones

Actually, I liked Sato from when he was Ant's teammate at Carlin in British F3, and was delighted when he scored a few points for Jordan at Suzuka in 2003. His being JB's teammate at BAR-Honda further endeared him to me, as did his efforts at Super Aguri. I remember Taku showing Ralf Schumacher how to overtake DC at Hockenheim in '04 with particular fondness.
    Kamui seemed (to me) to spend lots of time mired anonymously in the lower midfield after failing to impress in qualy, and as a result got himself into a few too many contacts as a result (JB and LH both spring to mind). Perez did far more with some of Sauber's "hail Mary" strategy calls then he did, frankly. I really don't see that improving this year, unless Caterham have done something Brawn-like with the new regs, of course!

RasputinLives likes this.
  11. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

Aah Sato, he only seemed fired up when he got to Super Aguri. I still remember his pass on Alonso at Montreal in the last lap, just marvelous.
    Still Kamui is in my eyes a bit better than Sato and I am happy he is back for this year.

12. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I have to say I can't help being constantly baffled whenever that pass at Montreal in 2007 is mentioned in such glowing terms.
    I'm not quite sure what is great at seeing any driver overtake someone at the wheel of a damaged car?....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  13. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

Damaged? Alonso's car wasn't damaged. He became 6th in a Super Aguri!!!! How is that not great?!?

14. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Alonso had shed bits off his undertray right from the word go when he tried to win the race at the first corner, ran wide and repeated the mistake several times during that race. He didn't have much of it left by the end of the race.

15. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

Still great that a Super Aguri overtook a Mclaren. That's like seeing a Marussia overtaking a Red Bull in a race. Don't think i have ever seen a Marussia overtaking a hurt Bull, Ferrari or Mclaren in recent years.

16. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    KK's pass on Alonso in Valencia in 2010 was pretty impressive.

17. Enja

Enja isn't dead. Valued Member

The King Returns.

18. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Who? :thinking:Is that you Enja or Kamui?:D

Hamberg, McZiderRed, F1ang-o and 2 others like this.
  19. Sergio

Sergio Learner

I like him because he has some maverick/crazy moves which ignite the soporific race that are sometimes on offer... Welcome back!

F1ang-o likes this.
  20. PeeJay

PeeJay Learner

Learning that he had no brakes entering the first corner in Australia must have been terrifying for Kamui. He offered to take responsibility for taking out Massa even through the evidence ultimately found that Kamui was not a fault. An exciting driver willing to take responsibility, a great role model for the younger drivers.

Fenderman likes this.
  21. Plutus

Plutus Rookie

No. Super Aguri were not 3 secs or more off the pace. The two teams are not comparable in terms of the performance Super Aguri had in 2007 and 2008. They clearly weren't as bad as some people seem to remember.

gethinceri likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice