Jules Bianchi

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

I think racecub is right about them suing to clear Jules' name after the FIA somewhat blamed Jules for the incident.

It's easy for to us to say however unfortunate an incident it was, they should move on, but it's very different when it's your own family.

Olivier and racecub like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    weird waiting for john bishop to come on at sheffield arena & had coincidental unexpected poignant start
    20171104_200238.jpg

4. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Hard to "like", so I shan't.

5. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    This thread makes me sad.

6. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    admitally it took me a while to realise it was john bishop 2017. but to make it abit lighter i believe thats the 1st sign that i watch too much f1. that jules bianchi was by 1st thought :D

but yeah its been over 3 years & i still got a bit because you cant help think of what mightve been & sadness of losing such a lovely guy. also didnt help they were playing this at the time :teary:

7. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Three years ago today Jules lost his fight for life. F1 lost a bright talent and his family and friends lost someone they loved. RIP Jules

8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    What are moto gp doing, using common sense. everybody knows that as organisers or management, you completely ignore all weather forecasts & go ahead blindly

British MotoGP: Forecast heavy rain forces earlier start at Silverstone

Forecast heavy rain forces earlier start at Silverstone

Sunday's British GP at Silverstone will start 90 minutes earlier because of forecast heavy rain. Intermittent downpours disrupted Saturday's MotoGP qualifying sessions, after earlier track flooding led to several riders crashing in practice. With more rain forecast, organisers have moved the start to 11:30 BST.

Silverstone managing director Stuart Pringle said "This was a difficult decision to make but there is nothing more important than rider safety,"

9. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Oh shit, that means my recorder will miss out most of the Moto3 race. Do these people not realise how much inconvenience they cause?

10. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    What was the reason for not doing Monday ?

11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Appartantly alot of teams had the flights booked for Monday that couldnt be moved

12. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 Well I am sure Honda , Yamaha and Ducati have plenty of money to reschedule flights

The race organisers should have compensated everyone then
    ------------

On another note - the halo saved LeClerc today - Jules must have been watching out for him:teary:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  13. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Very true. I dont mind the halo because ive actually now blanked out the halo rarely see it now. Its does help in F1 & F2
    Screenshot_20180826-213300.jpg 20180826_213223.jpg

14. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Andrew Benson said that on the slow motion he could see that without the halo one of Alonso's tyres was heading directly for Charles Leclerc's helmet. We could so easily have had another incident like the one which happened to poor Jules. Thank goodness for halo! I can't say I like them but they are vital, that was proved yesterday without a doubt.

15. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think the halo is doing a great job but it has nothing to do with Bianchi I'm afraid. The tragedy that happened to Bianchi was a combination of a governing body deciding that TV figures and sponsors were more important that drivers and refusing to move an event from a monsoon, and vehicles working on track. Even with the halo Jules would not have made it.

Marketing the halo as a response to Bianchi's death is the sports way of papering over its own arrogance.

gethinceri likes this.
  16. Angel

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives I'm not saying a halo would have saved poor Jules, but we could have had the loss of another driver without it yesterday. I'm grateful that didn't happen, obviously.

You're right, they let the drivers race in atrocious conditions when it wasn't safe. The motogp race was called off yesterday I believe due to bad weather, F1 should take a leaf out of their book. Money is one thing, people's lives are, or at least should be, worth far more. You can always make more money another day, you can't ever replace people in the same way.

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives My fault for not making it clear - it suddenly twig when I wrote that Jules was looking out for Charlies from up above

18. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Interesting point of view, but you left out another important bit that being that several other drivers made their way past the scene of Sutil's stranded car and only Bianchi, who didn't decelerate adequately to pass the scene safely, crashed.
    Other than that I agree that the crane shouldn't have been in a spot with such a series of high speed turns.

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    If you read through this thread you'll see we debated this quite a lot. Yes Bianchi was going faster than he should have done but I'm the same way probably all of them were going faster than they should have done. They are racing drivers - that's what they do. Putting all the blame on Bianchi is missing the point though. We all knew the start time of that race should have been moved even on the day of the race prior to the accident. It was placing drivers in uneccesary danger for the sake of a TV audience.

Just to clarify this wasn't just a bit of rain. This was a Monsoon in failing light. It was not sensible.

20. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Very true. Thats why i still blame jean todt. Everyone knew what the forecast was at korean gp 8 days before. So everyone knew that the typhoon would hit for the race on sunday. But yet despite a week notice neither organiser or FIA said they could do anything to change. Like to race at 11am where it was forecast to be brighter & light rain

Why it still angers me years later. How other series in same situation shown how both they were so incompetent & potentially money over safety

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  21. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Jean Today's presidency (if you can call it that) has consisted of not making any decisions about anything ever. Everytime something is raised he'll avoid the decision by 'offering' out discussion to the teams or media or fans. That way he can blame them when it goes wrong. On hearing about the monsoon be likely said to the teams and organisers 'what do you think?' and let them bicker about it rather than actually taking action himself.

His presidency can be summed up for me by the whole F2 thing. When elected for the second time one of his campaign promises was to resurrect an F2 series in order for the chain up to F1 to be complete. There was lots of talk about it, even some designs for cars put forward etc but nothing done. Then 3 months before be was due for re-election he took the existing GP2 series, slapped the F2 name on it, and claimed he'd fufiled his campaign promises. What a joker.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice