Jules Bianchi

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Mar 2, 2013.

1. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    The 4 hour (sunset) rule is, nonetheless, a very important adjustment that ought to be taken seriously.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Unable to get on Internet as normal with being on holiday. when i heard on the news few mornings ago i was deeply saddened to hear off Bianchi passing but had somewhat braced myself for it with news update from his father last week he truly was a great talent taken from us too soon wouldve driven for ferrari maybe 2016 but he will live on thru Manor team & monaco 2014 when he drove amazingly for 9th & I was genuinely happier with his 9th than Lewis next win. I can't imagine what a hammer blow this to the family Graham lowdon & manor

But I said at the time I blame jean todt & japanese gp organisers that storm was forecasted 8 days beforehand & if the race shouldve been a 11am local time start as was rumoured yes wouldve still rained but miles better visibility & light but jean todt said he was unable to change the time now if fia president is unable to change the race time in safety grounds then something is seriously wrong

F1ang-o, rufus_mcdufus and gethinceri like this.
  4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I really don't understand why someone has to be blamed for what happened. Yes, it would have been better if the tractor wasn't on the track. Yes, it would have been better if the race had been started earlier, but given that weather forecasters can rarely tell what is going to happen in the next 8 minutes looking at something predicting what the weather might me in 8 days seems a little excessive to me. Oh and yes, it would have been better if Bianchi hadn't been driving too fast for the weather conditions and lost control of his car.

It was a very unfortunate combination of circumstances and, above all, an accident. As long as something is learned from what happened and the chances of it happening again in the future are reduced then that is a positive. Perhaps not much of a positive for Bianchi's family but he and they knew the risks when he became a racing driver.

Celebrate a life well lived, even if only for too short a period.

Mezzer, Il_leone, Hamberg and 4 others like this.
  5. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Motor racing is dangerous - that's what it says on the back of the ticket. The very fact of this being the first fatality since Senna, shows the progress that has been made - but not every eventuality can be conceived of or avoided. At some point in the future there will, I daresay, be a serious incident involving interlocking wheels, or a car becoming airborne, and we will wonder why the wheels weren't enclosed; why the cockpit wasn't shrouded. Such seems to be the nature of the sport - tragically, however high the odds may become, one afternoon a young man's number comes up. RIP Jules - a light that burned briefly but brightly.

teabagyokel, FB and Hamberg like this.
  6. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Many current and past F1 drivers have attended Bianchi's funeral. Grosjean and Vettel were among the pallbearers. Very emotional tribute by Jules' family ...

Gone too soon

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    FB I think it was more the FIA's official report and the organisers stance towards the accident that has angered people

It was a freak accident but lessons must be learned so this does not happen to anyone

Dash Racing likes this.
  8. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    What shitty news to come back to from holidays. Very sad, but I think judging by news updates it is for the best. I don't think he would of had any quality of life had he woken up.

Rest in peace Jules.

9. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Whats sad about this story is that this is not the first time the Bianchi family have had motorsport related tragedy in their family. In 1969 Jules's great uncle Lucien Bianchi was killed during testing for Le Mans when he spun his Alfa Romeo into a telegraph poll. Lucien Bianchi also drove in 19 F1 Grand Prixs. His best result? Monaco.

10. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Indeed. Some families have paid a heavy price for for their motor racing passion. The Ascaris father and son or the Rodriguez brothers among others.

Fenderman and teabagyokel like this.
  11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    that tribute pre race to jules bianchi yesterday was 1 of the most touching things ive seen in f1 so powerful great to see everyone united as 1 & it amazing testament to all drivers that they could focused to drive an GP after that because i wouldve been an emotionally mental mess. i was welling up just watching it

f1 circle.jpg

12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Jules Bianchi: Late F1 driver's family sue over 'avoidable' death

They claim errors were made in the "planning, timing, organisation and conduct of the race", which they argue "took place in dangerous conditions during the typhoon season in Japan"."Jules Bianchi's death was avoidable,"

Im with them but i would go after Jean Todt because in my opinion he's majority to blame & I still dont forgive him for that because we shouldve raced at 11am that day because we all knew that storm was going to happen a week in advance. I found it ridiculous & shocking that most powerful man in motorsport couldn't persuade Japanese promoters on safety grounds to move the GP 3/4hrs earlier because yes we would've had Same rain but miles better visibility. If they didn't agree you say it's 10am/11am or nothing you explain why the race was postponed

13. Tuscan1969

Tuscan1969 Points Scorer

I'd take a slightly different view ; its money grabbing but aiming for as many rich targets as possible.

Jules was in control he made a mistake. For me the only other realistically avoidable factor is the circuit owners letting a recovery crane onto the trackside (but strangely they are not named in this legal action).

20-20 hindsight is great, the lessons learned will possibly save others or reduce injury, but no amount of money will bring Jules back....

14. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

It's sad remaining so bitter and living with what ifs. They can't seem to accept Jules had any role in this which unfortunately he did.

If the blame was laid solely at Jules then I can understand this but quite significant changes have been made so I don't think any further settlement is needed. One would hope it's the principle of admitting culpability and saying 'sorry we let him down' rather than money.

Why they are suing Marrussia I don't know.

15. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Hamberg

Did Marussia do enough to tell Jules to slow down ? I don;t know

I would certainly put responsibility on both Bernie and the race organisers. They were given a window to start the race and the organisers opted for a later start time because they wanted more crowds into the circuit before the race starts. This was despite being given a weather warning that was predicted to be the worst of the weather conditions

This is negligence

16. HammydiRestarules

HammydiRestarules Di Resta fan :). Contributor

It is sad what happened to Bianchi.
    But he's gone now, he'll never be forgotten but let's leave this in the past as a tragic accident like Senna's death.

17. Hamberg

HammydiRestarules where the hell have you been?!!!

18. HammydiRestarules

HammydiRestarules Di Resta fan :). Contributor

In hibernation for two odd years. In all honesty busy with life. I'm engaged now .

Fenderman and gethinceri like this.
  19. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Congratulations

20. Hamberg

Congratulations, I thought you were engaged before, same bloke I hope ;). Welcome back here and to the Prem league!

Agree about Bianchi, although there was legal action against Williams for Senna's death.

21. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    What's done is done. Nothing will bring Jules back.

Motor racing is dangerous, always will be, Jules knew that and he made the decision to pursue the career he loved.

I think the issue for the family is the way the FIA reacted to the incident and blamed Jules. Yes ,he played some part in the tragedy, but so did the FIA. The biggie for me is not bringing the race forward when they knew there was going to be atrocious weather. That was worse than anything Jules did. If the FIA had handled it differently, been more sympathetic, less eager to point the finger and protect themselves, I doubt very much the family would be bringing this court action. They want to clear their sons name.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice