Head To Head Jenson Button vs Fernando Alonso

However in the same article it stated that Ron would have egg on his face if Button did a terrible job so the pressure is on Button to deliver
Button has always produced his best driving when he is under pressure It is the thing that drives him the most, when there is no pressure then he seems to slide so Ron can rest easy on that one I have no doubt in my mind about the that...

I tend to think that is true of all drivers and why I'm not in favour of team orders and a contracted number one.

I sincerely hope Button will be allowed to race Alonso.

I do agree that Jenson needs someone to push him, just look how he raised (is that the right word?) his game when put up against Lewis and there probably aren't any better drivers on the grid to offer him a challenge than Alonso.

Mephistopheles
Ron Dennis makes no apologies for the debacle in announcing the driver line up and is keen for Magnussen to take his chance and prove his own decision was justified
Button has shown him that he can still race with the best and its typical Ron speak that he would look foolish if Button does not deliver

Button should see it as a no lose situation - he's up against Alonso who is considered the best and getting paid less and everyone expects Alonso to really push Mclaren forward and beat Button

He won't be trounced like Raikkonen has been

Where in the article does it say anything about Honda?

One thing it does say:

"Mercedes, however, has been reluctant to changes, as it fears the costs would increase dramatically."

So it's costs that Mercedes fear, not someone catching/overtaking them.;)

Last edited:
Remember, Toyota were running their chassis and engine combo for a whole year before their first race and that didn't do them any good.

I stand by my long held belief that Honda will take at least a season to get anywhere near being in among the championship contenders. Their track record each time they have returned to F1 seems to bear this out.

whatever ground the other engine builders can have to make up to Mercedes they will take what is available especially Renault and Ferrari

Honda would welcome that too theoretically they should be able to make up a lot of ground given they've had data from Merc engines from Mclaren

Honda are arguably in the best position in that there's effectively no freeze on their engine development at the moment is there?

I can't remember the exact date but the Honda engine has to be homologated earlier than the others this year, I think that it is before testing starts.

Back
Top Bottom