Jean-Éric Vergne

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    soccerman17 Yes as I am sure others will agree because Algarsuari's results are not that much different from Vergne or Ricciardo's and he was even younger

Unfortunately one man calls the shots and his name is " the Dark Lord" Helmut Marko as he lines up the next apprentice starting with Vettel then Ricciardo and then Kyvat so next will be ?

Its a brutal way but every driver knew what they were getting into when they signed on the programme

I agree the disposed drivers have not really recovered like poor Liuzzi

Timing is always key .. Helmut spent so long trying to force Webber who thought he was the immovable object until the forces were totally overwhelming against him to the point he had to quit. Had Webber won 2010 drivers title he probably would have retired 2011 and Alguarsuari or Buemi would have been promoted then.

This time in Vergne's case he was given a second life and am afraid Helmut showed no mercy in his decision

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    JEV has just been announced as one of the Virgin teams drivers for next years Formula E.

His team mate will be Sam Bird. It kind of scuppers the Haas theory.

teabagyokel, Hamberg and Dash Racing like this.
  4. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Poor Sam.

Hamberg likes this.
  5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives I 've just seen this so I guess its Hulkenberg, Gutierrez and A Rossi for the two seats at Haas then

DS Virgin Racing confirms Sam Bird and Jean-Eric Vergne - ElectricAutosport.com

Just seen this confirmation so JEV will have to wait until 2017 to try and get himself to what will probably be a full Renault works team

6. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

JEV said he is still available for an F1 seat, worst case scenario he misses two Formula E races

7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    As much as I love Formula E I think if JEV landed an F1 seat he just wouldn't do Formula E anymore

8. Dash Racing

Dash Racing Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    That would be my suspicion too. While I'd be stoked for him if he got the F1 drive, I'd be sad if he stopped doing Formula E.

9. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    \it might not be a bad idea by JEV to sign up for Formula E next season and prove he is still a fast racing driver because he's hardly getting any track time at Ferrari and internal sponsor pressures could force Ferrari to field Gutierrez who is an inferior driver for now

10. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Are Ferrari short of cash then?

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Not short of cash but enticed Mexican sponsorship who are pushing for a Mexican driver to be in the car

12. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I suspect Ferrari will end up with what they think is the best driver line-up possible. They've got a budget.

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    ....and about 50 different sponsors queing up to get their name associated with Ferrari if they need them.

Gutteriez is being linked to Haas due to Haas link to Mexico and Ferrari. He's not being pushed by Ferrari to be signed up by Haas.

from all account Gutteriez is exceptionally good on set up and development which is probably another reason he's being courted. Think of him as this generations Pedro De La Rosa.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    soccerman17 and teabagyokel like this.
  14. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I suppose he's scored points, so he can't be this generation's Luca Badoer.

I supposed he set up decent cars for Hulkenburg/Sutil to score points/crash respectively.

soccerman17 likes this.
  15. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Ferrari did entice Mexican sponsorship. We don't know the ins and outs but if the Mexican sponsorship came with a huge backing then there is probably expectancy to field Gutierrez to please them

A way for Ferrari to get around this is make Haas them field him instead in return for the Ferrari partnership and kill two birds with one stone. I don't see JEV getting his chance at Ferrari even if Raikkonen suddenly quit

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice