It's All About You

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Angel, Jun 16, 2019.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    during my ingrowing toenail issue 10yrs ago that last 2years. i knew needles weren't for me

i dont know if im different with nerves or its normal but in all my GCSE's college exams job interviews etc. i have a terrible nerves. before my driving test as we waited for our appointment i was silent & was physically shaking. but as soon as its begun. i relax & nerves disappear

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

Strangely I was in the Navy but were heavily advised against tattoos, but I was a Tiff and we didn't really join the Navy, just wore the uniform without any trade badges.:whistle:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  4. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    My ex husband had a tattoo, it read 'death before dishonour'. A bigger liar and cheat you'd be hard pushed to find, he's also a convicted fraudster. Oh the irony :rolleyes:

5. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Well, "dishonor before death" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

6. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Yeah well my ex husband always sowore he'd die young too, that's another promise he didn't keep ;)

His tattoo is actually a military connected one, he was never in the military though, even if he did claim to have been in the Falklands, Ireland and even the SAS at various times. :facepalm:

7. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Cold. :0

That happens a lot. This guy worked for us as an intern at one point: William C. Bradford - Wikipedia

8. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

We had a guy (foreman) used to insist on being picked up and dropped off 1/2 mile from home so he could run from the van with a hi-vis rucksack.

H lived in Credenhill (SAS central)...

Quite a common problem around Hereford.

9. Angel

Featured Threads:
    To clarify, I don't wish my ex husband dead, he's not worth hating. I simply don't care anymore.

10. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Yes, but he made you an F1 fan....so not all bad.

11. Angel

Featured Threads:
    That is true

12. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    1. What is the film/movie you have watched the most times?
    Probably Starwars Ep V Empire strikes back. But Uncle Buck must be close 2nd.

2. What time did you get up this morning?
    Early. always early.

3. At what age did you have your first kiss?
    Day 1. My parents still love me.

4. Who was your first celebrity crush?
    Kylie.

5. What is your favourite takeaway/take-out meal?
    Smoked sausage supper.

6. What is your favourite bar of chocolate?
    Allergies say no.

7. What year did you start watching F1?

8. How many attempts did it take before you passed your driving test?
    1. despite a dog running out in front of the car. I did an emergency stop and just avoided killing it. Instructor said well done. That is your emergency stop taken care of. LOL

9. What was your first pet? Cat.

10. Do you have any piercings or tattoos? No. Don't want any.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Angel likes this.
  13. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    If you don't feel stress in high pressure situations you would probably have a good career as a police officer or an investment banker. It's a personality disorder that can work for you if you recognise it and run with it.

14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The above reminds me of something veterans of D-Days say which goes something along the lines of - everyone was scared it was just that some people were able to be scared and function whilst others couldn't. It wasn't a failing or a flaw just that people's brains work differently.

15. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    yeah it is strange one, because it was til many years ago now that i analyse it to improve at job interviews. id get horrendus nerves from the anticipation. i remember going deadly silent & physically shaking as we were driving into the test centre. but its almost like once its begun nerves disappear. because can relax what ifs & worrying are over.

same with expressing feelings for a girl. i could avoid it through terror for months. but once id started normal conversation & then drop it in

16. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Nerves can be a good thing sometimes. In fact we should all do something that scares us, or so I was once told. It does make you feel good when you manage to do something you were worried about. Not everyone can control their nerves can they? If they could we wouldn't hear so much about anxiety problems these days.

17. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    OK, the last list has gained a good number of responses so let's give the thread a kick and have another:

1. What is your favourite type of nut to eat?

2. You have a Sunday roast and can only pick three veg to have with it (not including spuds), what would you pick?

3. What is your favourite album cover? (they had those before downloads kids)

4. What musical instrument(s) can you play?

5. What musical instrument would you like to be able to play?

6. Where was your most favourite memory of watching the sun set?

7. What are your favourite "wise words"?

8. What is your favourite plant, flower or tree?

9. Who would play you in a biopic of your life?

10. What colours would your very own personal national flag be?

Let's hear your answers then?

18. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Nicely done cider_and_toast. Though when I do them I always answer my own questions first, which you didn't :whistle:
    Looks like I'm up first again then :) Some of these are tough questions!

1. I'm not really a fan of nuts but I did like some Macadamia nuts I won in a competiton once.
    2. Broccoli, baby new carrots and peas, I love peas, always have.
    3. I've always liked the cover to Bat Out Of Hell though I can't say why.
    4. I had guitar lessons for a while but I was rubbish at it, I was better on the recorder but haven't played for years.
    5. The piano
    6. When I was a kid we went on a cruise, I do recall sitting on the deck watching the sun going down into the water and that was beautiful.
    7. I have loads. 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all', or 'I'm not saying I'm better than anybody else, but I'll be damned if I'm not just as good'. The second one comes from a song in Oklahoma actually. 'Don't frustrate yourself worrying about what you can't do in life, concentrate on and enjoy what you can'.
    8. plant: heuchera, flower: gerbera and tree: flowering cherry.
    9. Oh blimey, Sandra Bullock maybe?
    10. Black and pink. Black because it's classy and pink because I'm a woman ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  19. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    1. What is your favourite type of nut to eat? Pea

2. You have a Sunday roast and can only pick three veg to have with it (not including spuds), what would you pick? Cauliflower (cheese), Parsnips, Peas.

3. What is your favourite album cover? (they had those before downloads kids) In Through The Out Door by Led Zeppelin (all versions and all three sleeves - the brown paper, the photo sleeve and the colour impregnated sleeve - if you're a fan you'll know what I mean)

4. What musical instrument(s) can you play? Oboe

5. What musical instrument would you like to be able to play? Jugs

6. Where was your most favourite memory of watching the sun set? Thira, but not from Oia

7. What are your favourite "wise words"? "Who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong?"

8. What is your favourite plant, flower or tree? Robert

9. Who would play you in a biopic of your life? Idris Elba

10. What colours would your very own personal national flag be? Rainbow.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  20. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Hazel nuts... But eat way more dry roasted peanuts (not a nut).

Broad beans, leeks and peas.

For artwork alone, Weasels Ripped My Flesh comes to mind... But really too many. Great covers usually come with great albums: you remember the cover because you played it so much.

Guitar badly... But enough to have busked a meal or two.

Piano... But not enough to try :D

Sat on the beach in Terrabin (near Nueba) drinking cheap Egyptian rum around the fire. I won't say what else was going down but they had to stop me buying a camel!!!

**** it, why not?

Has to be an oak... Great to climb and kept me in work these past 15 years.

Christopher Lambert...
    Or Dolph Lambert in my 20's (don't search at work)

Pink and blue... With a big heart and smile on it.

Love these but don't take me too seriously; I love to tease.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  21. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    1. What is your favourite type of nut to eat?
    Cashew or Pistachio

2. You have a Sunday roast and can only pick three veg to have with it (not including spuds), what would you pick?
    Broccoli, carrot and red cabbage

3. What is your favourite album cover? (they had those before downloads kids)
    Don't really have one.

4. What musical instrument(s) can you play?
    None

5. What musical instrument would you like to be able to play?
    Piano and guitar (but not enough to actually do anything about it)

6. Where was your most favourite memory of watching the sun set?
    Loch Ness

7. What are your favourite "wise words"?
    “We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.” -Richard Dawkins

8. What is your favourite plant, flower or tree?
    Hygrophila polysperma

9. Who would play you in a biopic of your life?
    Rik Mayal. (I might need a time machine)

10. What colours would your very own personal national flag be?
    I would just go with the Scott hunting tartan I think.

gethinceri and cider_and_toast like this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice