Introduction of adverts

What about trying to revive those affiliate deals I dug out for you last year Brogan? There was one selling F1 merchandise that would bung you 10% of the spend by registered members if I recall?

If I had the time, I would look into everything both you and EN have suggested

With looking after my daughter full time during the day and only a few hours each evening to work through my to do list, I really can't take on anything else at the moment unfortunately :(

Brogan, if you want to look at affiliate deals I will be able to help from July (am away for June) and have a contracts team to ensure things are correct before signing and the experience to negotiate if you want?

I apologise for how awful the site looks now when not logged in, being littered with adverts.
But all you need to do is log in and you will never see them (or use an ad blocker) :)

We may as well try and capitalise on the amount of passing traffic we get and as it doesn't affect the members, everyone's a winner.

If anyone is routinely clicking on adverts when not logged in, please stop.

Google have annulled 95% of all the clicks due to them being "invalid".

If it continues then Google will cancel the account once more due to too much invalid activity.

No reasons given, which is typical for Google AdSense.

I haven't actually been informed the clicks are illegal/invalid but when I see 20 clicks in a day and the earnings are £0.00 then it's obvious.

I'm not hopeful the account will still be open within a month.
I suspect once the monthly payment is due a thorough check will be done and it will be closed.

Well I never.
It looks like the new account is still active and a payment has been made today! :o

That must be a policy change at Google; perhaps they've finally realised that site owners have absolutely no control over who clicks on adverts and are just annulling invalid clicks without cancelling the account.

It works out to less than £15 per month on average but every little helps and I can put it towards the development fund for the FF1 application.

Yes, this is the first ever payment in over 4 years.

As far as invalid clicks are concerned, I have no idea what the algorithm is for determining that; it's one of Google's most closely guarded secrets.

Thank god the site ois finally getting something back from it. I guess the logic behind the rules is right up there with thumb zoom and rounded corners.

I have to admit that the ads are very well tailored mostly. When I log on, I get stuff about cycling, and the wife gets all the horsey stuff.

I still haven't seen any of those cookies that everyone keeps going on about, and now I'm getting hungry.

Back
Top Bottom