Le Mans Intercontinental Le Mans Cup 2011

"The Zhuhai 6 hours (13th November) will go down in history as the final round of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup, before the birth of the World Endurance Championship." Auto News

Well. Got up early and logged into Audi TV and Peugeot Sport TV to watch the Zuhai 6 Hours endurance race. First couple of hours quite worth watching but about two and a half hours in Audi TV bugged out. That was a shame because it was the better coverage of he two the channels. Audi TV kept breaking off to pre-recorded interviews, tech for dummies sound-bite bits and occasional very annoying adverts. It was possible to select onboard from either of the two Peugeot cars but was okay for a while but a pain in the butt to do when one has gotten bored after a few laps. As a result of which I kept dozing off. However, apart from retirements I didn't miss much.

The most notable thing about the whole affair was that, whilst watching the live feed one gets an update one how many viewers are watching Audi's coverage. It peaked at 144 viewers on the main view, 27 (I think) on board with car one and 22 (I think) on board with car two. If those numbers are an accurate count then internet viewing of endurance motor race events sure has some way to go!

7:30am, I tuned into Eurosport, whose coverage was only for the remaining hour and a half. It began with a pitiful excuse for a recap of the start and 4.5 hours of the event and was accompanied by a most soporific commentary interspersed with adverts.

Race ended. Dull coverage of a dull event. Duh.:sleeping:

Back
Top Bottom