InSight lands successfully on Mars

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Space' started by Olivier, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Surprised to learn that it takes 6 and a half months to get to Mars. NASA has an impressive record of putting spacecraft in the planet. Good for them and expecting al the pictures and stories InSight has to tell.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/26...s-lander-landing-success-supersonic-parachute

RasputinLives and gethinceri like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

The time to get there may have been shorter than usual as Mars has been in sight for quite a long time. I have been spotting it very often on my way home on Mondays just after 10 pm.

Olivier likes this.
  4. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Quite an amazing result. From thousands to zero, with no broken bones.

Brilliant.
    :D

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I have a sneaky feeling about this mission and have had since I read about it. I think examining underneath the planet is going to find something that might change the way we think about the world.

I'm not talking alien civilisations but just pure and simple some sort of fossilized remains of something living. Would certainly be huge.

6. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    You mean little green men ?

LOL

7. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Just a fossil of sometype of tiny bug or fish would completely change our view of the world.

8. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    A single trace of anything organic on Mars (or anywhere other than Earth) would be the biggest news in our lifetime, fundamentally reordering our view of ourselves for ever. I hope I live to see it happen.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice