Iconic images of Formula One

This feller looks a bit like him Incubus ;) Not got a clue who the freshly polished young lad is next to him though :whistle:

421602.jpg

I always said about Rush, that the real story was so much more incredible than the elements of the film they made up to "add holywood" they should have told those instead.

As for the film Senna, I guess it depends on your point of view.

During an interview with Steve Ryder Prost said that the thing that really gutted him about the film was that when he asked why that "A Special hello to my friend Alain" radio transmission from Senna during a car-to-TV channel stream (incidentally why have they stopped doing that?... They haven't done it since Hill's Silverstone quali in 1994...) had been left out of the film , he was told by the producers that that message had been a montage by french TV, had been doctored, wasn't real etc...

Kind of says it all really...

Last edited:
I must admit it gets one or two mentions but I had to search using the term Hagio because it wouldn't explain what a Hagiomentary was.

Further round the circuit there were areas where you could stand next to the road and get a kick out of a car at full chat passing within a few feet of you (and with no barriers or fences).

They must have brought some sort of advantage though, bigger air intake so more power.
Everybody else had them too in 1975. The Ligier's was just a bit more huge than than the rest.

Giant airboxes were banned the following year though, I think the powers-that-be at the time thought they were just too unsightly.

Back
Top Bottom