Iconic images of Formula One

And here is the "Double-Rear Wing" solution they debuted at Hockenheim in the next round. Interesting to say the least.

spirit-1983-johansson-duitsland.jpg

As usual in F1, within the letter of the law but not the spirit (pardon the pun).

"wing size must be a maximum X by X"

"But it doesn't say how many wings we have to use !!"

Viscount , are you sure this is indeed alain Prost?

I remember seeing a short clip once, about another promo photoshoot where Prost this time was unavailable but somehow they'd found a Prost dead ringer. That was a video of Senna posing alongside Prost's double and Ayrton quipped in "didn't get the nose quite right, Alain's is more twisted"... :)

Last edited:
Incubus Doesn't surprise me McLaren using a Prost ringer at a photoshoot, but in this case they needed someone to drive for on track shots of Senna's #1 car. So without Senna available, getting a Prost lookalike capable of driving an F1 car to go out pretending to be Senna seems a bit overkill even for Ron.

tumblr_n2t5c3tcQC1s7b0l3o1_1280.jpg

So did Rush for that matter.

the rivalry between Hunt and Lauda was totally over-played. They were quite good mates really. And it completely missed out on Marlene Lauda's shock over the Nurburgring and subsequent detestation of aything to do with motor racing, which would have constituted quite an interesting angle really.

Viscount, what I really want to know is, how and where on earth did they manage to find a Prost lookalike??? :snigger: Finding the video will take a bit of hard work, because I think where I saw it was actually included in a somewhat patchy documentary about Nelson Piquet.

Back
Top Bottom