I did Manliness

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Greenlantern101, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

The race was one of the best I have seen in years (yes, we are talking Hungary). Basically it was made so by the fans who were continuously urging their favourites on, the fact that they were supporting so many differing favourites. I'm not going to say who was supported by the highest and lowest number of fans since I would be very likely be accused of being anti certain drivers.

Jen likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile

Is that Manly then ?
    :)

4. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Since I took the mick on the girlie thread I feel it only fair that I should balance the books...

One for the more discerning gentleman.

[​IMG]

Steady now gethinceri

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    gethinceri likes this.
  5. Bill Boddy

To calmly walk around for nearly four hours with a broken wrist whilst trying to find a hospital?

My wife made me an appointment to go see the doctor on Wednesday. The doctor was amazed that I had managed to protect the wrist and put up with the pain for so long.

GermanF1 and Jen like this.
  6. F1Yorkshire

F1Yorkshire Avatar for sale to the highest bidder Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    About time for an update on this thread.

This morning I had an incident with a puddle which turned out to be a pothole while riding my bike to work. Did a complete flip and ended up hip 1st on the road.

I was about a mile or so away from the nearest train station so unjammed my brakes and pushed the bike to the station. Got on the train and straight to the bike shop to get the bike fixed. Attempted to walk and soon realised I couldn't without the bike to lean on.

Quick taxi to hospital needed and after x-rays and a CT scan it turns out I've got a broken pelvis. I have now decided morphine is a wonderful drug :D

In case you're wondering what the manly part was I think walking over a mile with a broken pelvis is worth plenty of man points.

7. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

Manliness indeed F1Yorkshire - get well soon!

8. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Pfft, I made my big toe bleed cutting my nails. Broken pelvis? You big girls blouse F1Yorkshire ;)

More seriously, hope you get well soon. Just out of interest, do they put a cast on you for a broken pelvis?

9. F1Yorkshire

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Got the biggest bag of drugs ever, the biggest danger is bloodclots from being immobilised for so long. No cast just lots of painkillers, rest for 6 weeks and daily injections to keep my blood thinned.

10. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    F1Yorkshire go take a picture of the pot hole and sue the council for the cost of repairing your bike, loss of earnings and personal injury. Take them for every ****ing penny.

Plutus, GermanF1 and F1Yorkshire like this.
  11. F1Yorkshire

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    It's not my local council so might give that a go, my mate who works for my local council has said the same thing.

12. Bill Boddy

After those six weeks of rest you are going to have many weeks of physio before you can even sit on, let alone ride, a bike. Sorry, but that's how it is. But congrats for how you managed to do what you did.

13. canis

canis Race Winner Valued Member

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Congratulations on the manliness, though huge commiserations on the Heparin injections. Having been on the stuff before it is not nice (anyone imagine taking a wasp and holding them down until they sting your stomach on a daily basis) and I feel for you.

Hope you get better soon, but please remember that after 6 weeks of anti-coagulant injections in your stomach you do look like a drug addict when topless ;)

F1Yorkshire likes this.
  14. Jos the Boss

Jos the Boss Champion Elect

I once played two games of football with a sprained ligament but that has nothing on you guys!

15. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Thought I'd have a quick look at what all the manly guys were up to. I must say I'm v.impressed F1 Yorkshire. Do you have to lie down for six weeks? Can you put a TV on the ceiling? You're going to get very bored. We shall have to think of things for you to do.
    :)

Jen likes this.
  16. Jen

Jen Here be dragons. Contributor

Have to say huge commiserations to F1Yorkshire, nasty, unnecessary accident and hope you feel perkier soon.

Yeh, sue the buggers, but make sure you employ a truly competent litigation solicitor, most of these things seem to be handled by claims managers (who, in my opinion, know jack shit).

Realism - how often do you ride that road and had you seen the hole before it became a puddle? Be careful how you answer - it could destroy your case.

17. Jen

Oh, and heparin is infinitely better than warfarin - at least one can eat and drink what one likes with the tummy pin-pricks.

18. F1Yorkshire

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Just done my 3rd injection of heparin. Wasn't expecting the hole from the 1st injection to start bleeding again. I think I will be looking like an addict in no time at all :(

19. Jen

Heparin should be along the line of fat across the belly button and you use alternate sides. However you do not use the same bloody hole - move the injection site up, down or across slightly.

You do look like an addict but it keeps you alive and the bruises disappear.

20. F1Yorkshire

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Not got that much fat to play with, those injections were about an inch and a day apart. Will see how they go. I'm assuming you guys won't want pics!

21. Jen

Not for me thanks F1Yorkshire,

Are you moving from one side of the belly button to the other every day? One injection on the right and next days on the left? All will bleed a tiny bit.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice