Poll How many will Vettel win?

How many World Championships will Vettel win?

• Total voters
I think somewhere between 2 and 30. with major rule changes coming up, it is impossible to make a stab.

I think he is good enough to break Schumachers record, however, it depends on him being in the right place at the right time every season, and I do not see that happening.

Also, there are still several drivers who are vying for spots at the top teams, whereas Michael was pretty much in a class of one, and the other teams were mostly fighting for the scraps (Mika Hakkinen springs to mind as an exception to this)

Also, in the next 5-10 years, who is to say what calibre of drivers will come through the ranks?

It is an interesting one to ponder though!!

I went for 4, simply because 3 and 5 just didn't seem that attractive, 6 just looked retarded, there was no "1" option, 7 or over is just frickin' ridiculous since I am the only one to achieve over 7, so I don't see him beating that record at all!

I picked 4 because just the way F1 has went since 2007 onwards, how many title contenders have we seen since 2006? I have counted 9:

Alonso
Barrichello
Button
Hamilton
Kubica
Massa
Raikkonen
Webber
Vettel

I have not forgotten that Vettel is 24 years old, so 5 can be quite a big possibility since many his age that where multiple WDC's hadn't even won a grand prix. But he will have to contend at least with 3 of them in the near future, and then let us not forget the amount of young drivers out there. Many thought that once Alonso was at McLaren and Raikkonen at Ferrari it was going to be a battle just between them for a fair few years. Then a young rookie came in, spoiled that, then most if not all thought it would between Alonso, Hamilton and Raikkonen. What do you know? A driver hailed as a "journeyman" emerged as a contender along with young driver who now has 2 WDC's.

How times change. :)

How old is he? 24. He could quite conceivably race for another 15 years. I suspect he will win quite a few more WDCs in that time. Those of you who have voted for 2 - do you really think that this guy aged 24 will never win another title, having banked two in two years? I'm *really* surprised by that.

This isn't just about how good Red Bull are in that time. If they fall from grace, there will be a drive waiting for Vettel at whichever team emerges as the leader be that Ferrari, McLaren or Mercedes.

Personally, I think we are watching an all time great and I think he has barely begun. Unfortunately, he could make the sport really boring over the next decade and a half and no record is out of his reach, especially if Newey stays at Red Bull with him.

As usual with Vettel's wins, it is claimed it is the fastest car because it is at the front.

Put it this way: in Monza in 2008, there is no way that Heikki Kovalainen's Toro Rosso would have beaten Sebastian Vettel's McLaren.
I can't really comment on the conjecture but looking at the qualifying for that afternoon does suggest the Toro Rosso/Red Bull(same chassis) were very very good at that race.

1. Vettel
3. Webber
4. Bourdais

And I think Hammy screwed up his qualifying so only one McLaren could challenge. And Kovy wasn't so good in 2008... Admittedly Vettel did slaughter Bourdais though.

How old is he? 24. He could quite conceivably race for another 15 years. I suspect he will win quite a few more WDCs in that time. Those of you who have voted for 2 - do you really think that this guy aged 24 will never win another title, having banked two in two years? I'm *really* surprised by that.

I voted 4 as I think the boy has something special but two words for you Jez - Fernando Alonso...

As has been mentioned on here before, if Fernando wins another title he will get a new record - the longest gap between Championships.

I can't really comment on the conjecture but looking at the qualifying for that afternoon does suggest the Toro Rosso/Red Bull(same chassis) were very very good at that race.

1. Vettel
3. Webber
4. Bourdais
Yup. That was my point. Maybe I exaggerated that the Toro Rosso was the fastest car that race, but looking at Bourdais' qualifying result, it certainly was a pretty fast car that weekend.

I went for 4 but still don't think he's the best out there. I suppose the real questions are how long will RBR be producing the best car and how long will Vettel be the better of the two drivers?

I can't see Vettel doing anymore than 10 more years in F1. I think he'll quit before he gets too old to drive and i can see him not wanting to do a Barrichello, Schumacher et all. Which is why i went for 4 as at 24 i think he'll win another 2 between now and when he's 34.

I can't see Vettel doing anymore than 10 more years in F1. I think he'll quit before he gets too old to drive and i can see him not wanting to do a Barrichello, Schumacher et all. Which is why i went for 4 as at 24 i think he'll win another 2 between now and when he's 34.

The record he wants most is the only one Barrichello holds! LOL

If RBR produce the goods again next year then we're looking at 5+.

If somebody manages to beat them out of the blocks for a change, then he will be looking at 4 titles.

I base this prediction on precisely nothing. :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom