How Good is Sebastian Vettel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mnmracer

1. Caught out for what? I wasn't aware that I was trying to mislead.

2. I think you might have finally got it. I would think you were a bit bonkers but would accept it as your opinion. Fantastic. Are you able to do the same?

mnmracer

Vettel has not even accomplished any one of the 3 at least Schumacher can do 1) and 3)

Trying to compare Berger?Senna to Webber/ Vettel you're having a laugh

Berger never outraced Senna in 1992 and was always behind him even when Senna retired to benefit

Webber this season beat Vettel clean fair at Monaco, Silverstone and China

Despite several reminders, this thread seems to come back to the same thing consistently.

Any more posts which are more about other peoples posts, or attacking other peoples opinions will be deleted, and action may be taken agains users accounts if this behaviour continues.

If discussions cannot remain civil, the thread will be locked.

Vettel's reputation is based on having superior equipment just like Nelson Piquet another 3 time world champion

1) He is a graduate of Red Bull's system more like an employer not a team leader as such
2) He's never had a world class teammate to go up against - he gets upset when the press accuses him of receiving Red Bull favouritism
3) he has not won in an inferior car - he's only won in cars designed by Adrian Newey. He still makes amateurish errors
4) his team currently have the biggest budget to develop his car - a contentious debate in FOTA in line with the RRA

He is destined to be Schumacher Mk II

Unless he makes career moves that proves me wrong

But Hamilton has taken the brave decision to break away from what some consider to be the rod on his back and prove himself at an inferior team, I can't see Vettel doing this in fact I will bet good money that when he moves he will go to Ferrari and not a mid field team, he will never have the guts to take on the challenge of building a team around him like Lewis has....

So you must not have been convinced of Hamilton before he announced his departure from McLaren?
And you must also not be convinced of Alonso for leaving to Ferrari before building Renault back up?

Why build a team when you can win titles?

Is Lewis building Mercedes? No, as far as I'm aware he's brought no one to the Mercedes team, doesn't have number 1 status and doesn't have much of a say in what Mercedes do.

Schumacher went to Ferrari and key members followed, and built a team due to having number one status.

Not sure where all the hates coming from, he's proved himself in cars that weren't front running cars, BMW and Toro Rosso for more than one season. The Toro Rosso might have won a race, but it was for one race only the rest of the time he was in the midfield and proving himself with some great drives other than Monza 2008.

Not sure why I'm defending the guy, I don't support him and his results have done the talking, yet somehow he's lacking in a new area when he proves doubters wrong in something that he was criticised in before.

I have always been convinced of Hamilton's ability I watched him before he entered FI (His race in Turkey in 06 was nothing short of phenomenal.) but I decided to continue to support a driver that entered the sport in the year 2000 I am not a fickle supporter I don't get going when my chosen driver is having a bad day or even a bad few years, I could not transfer my allegiance to Lewis but this does not mean I have never been convince of his ability.

I find it very strange how you tend to put words into other peoples mouths seemingly just to extract a reaction...

ExtremeNinja
So when Vettel is not performing in a couple races earlier this year, it's because Vettel was faltering, not because the car was not up to it.
Yet when Alonso was down the field n a couple races earlier this year, it's because the car was not up to it, not because of Alonso.

Well a wise man once said to me Mephistopheles that the right man is one who can except he's wrong after listening to every side of the argument and only a fool holds on to an opinion just because it is his own!

Having said that I haven't changed my view since the start of this thread. However you have kept an insomniac entertained tonight so cheers to all.

I'm off to start a "Just how good is Riccardo Zonta" thread to see if it gets as many posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom