Honda

Discussion in 'Teams' started by HammydiRestarules, Feb 17, 2013.

1. HammydiRestarules

HammydiRestarules Di Resta fan :). Contributor

Will their ever be back in F1?

Maybe not as a team but an engine supplier or something?

Just been wondering about this over the week that's all after seeing a documentary on them :).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    They've been doing the Formula One Manufacturer Hokey Cokey for a long, long time. I expect that someday they'll return; hopefully without designing a world beater than letting someone else run it!

4. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    They'll have considered the 14 engine regs I'm sure, I'd love to see them back

5. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I would think that the ERS regs would entice them in at some point, after all, the amount of money they spent on the KERS system for 2009 which was never used could come in handy, especially when the unit they developed was apparantly seriously impressive.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/15792

Worth reading the link at the bottom too, if you like that sort of thing.

6. whyunfor11ow

whyunfor11ow Browser

Maybe not as a team but an engine supplier or something?

7. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Honda
    Yes, yes, yes...yes, they should, but they won't. That would be too fair, and we cannot have that,

8. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Looks like RBR -- which includes Verstappen -- seems to like Honda's progress. It's going to be lively at the front, which is good. Mr. Max however must get out of his head that he is a matador, when he see a red painted car alongside of him.

9. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Are they still having vibration issues? It’s not being talked about a lot and it could mean anything, though RedBull has denied it multiple times.

Completely unrelated (and off topic) a few years ago CR-V was reportedly having vibration problems. After some time, Honda finally acknowledged there was enough evidence to investigate and supposedly a fix was found. Allegedly Acuras also had similar problems over the same period of time. Coincidence?

10. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

DATE: 2019-02-27 CET: 09:21
    Interesting question, Oliver. Why? I've heard of it a month or two ago, then it subsided and went bellow radar for a while. Now the same (or so we assume) issue reemerged only to be taken off the charts few hours later. Hmm, smoke and fire story....

Maybe related comment is tied to that issue, when someone (most likely Dr. Marko) stated that this year they do not expect Honda to break any records, or something to that effect. Is it then because they cannot run the engine in full power (due something - like vibrations at certain critical rev-point)? Will be Max fighting for WDC with a detuned engine? (I expect him to tel us with his face red in anger, if that is true).
    Strangely enough, what it would do to useful life cycle?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  11. Radical F1

Radical F1 Test Driver

Looking like RBR will make it a 3 way battle for championship.
    I can live with that.

12. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

New boss. Honda seems to love rotation.
    https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/03/09/yamamoto-appointed-honda-f1-managing-director/
    Masashi Yamamoto will take on the role of Honda F1 Managing Director, starting on 1 April 2019, the Japanese engine manufacturer to Red Bull and Toro Rosso announced ahead of the new season.

13. Radical F1

Radical F1 Test Driver

HONDA: IN BAKU WE WILL INTRODUCE SPEC 2 VERSION OF OUR ICE:yesss:

14. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

Will it have a touch screen?

Dartman likes this.
  15. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

It appears that Honda had a quality contro; (whatever that means) leading to engine failure. There will be an omcrease in power but it will only be minor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48038066

16. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Historically unintended deviation from manufacturing or assembly plans - quality control failure -- is rarely seen with this automaker. Whatever it was, it will not be repeated again, that much I am sure. In fact, I would not be surprised to learn, that fault was related to a common element which was made by someone else and they are mandated to use. Problems at McLaren of course were inherent to underdeveloped design, but that's a different category.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  17. Radical F1

Radical F1 Test Driver

And SIRI

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice