1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holidays

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by HammydiRestarules, Jul 11, 2012.

1. HammydiRestarules

HammydiRestarules Di Resta fan :). Contributor

Everyone goes on a hoilday every now and again aboard. Where is the best place you've been too aboard?

Mine is Turkey, i love the country, the prices at the airports are crazy but when you go out for meals they cheap and are good quality. I find the people friendly and easy to chat too. I love the countries way of life, nothings rushed and the location around the Hisaronau area is lovely. I love going on boat trips from Olu Deniz and the sea is so warm aswell :).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

Came back from a Holiday in Malta 3 weeks ago and that was lovely. The best place i have been to is Antigua but that was 5 years ago. If anyone ever goes there, go to a place called Shirley Heights as you can see most of the Island from up there, it was stunning.

4. Bus Stop Chicane

Bus Stop Chicane Points Scorer

Only time I ever went abroad was when I went to Limassol in Cyprus. It was fantastic, the people were incredibly friendly and the weather was, of course, quality.

5. mjo

mjo Procrastinating Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Not really a holiday but the best trip I have been on is to Ypres and the Somme with my école. I would totally recommend it, a great experience. And good value too!! In terms of holidaying, Barcelona was a great holiday. Sun, sand, see, sights and (cheap) San Miguel!!! :tea:

teabagyokel likes this.
  6. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

When ever I've been on holiday I have found that 7 days is not long enough and 14 days is too long mind it could be the fault of the person I went with, a month maybe great with the right person.

I can't think of the best place I've been but one of the worst was Tunisia, I bloody hated it.

Skiing in Austria was a blast though absolutely brilliant...

7. canis

canis Race Winner Valued Member

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I think it depends on what you go for.

Relaxation - Has to be the Maldives or maybe Boro Boro. There are watersports to do to keep busy if you want to, but the whole attitude there is so relaxed.

Fun - Possibly Orlando, loads to do for adrenaline junkies, and loads to do for people who want to chill out. The water of Cocoa Beach on the space coast is like walking into a warm bath even on the coldest days, and there is just so much there you could easily spend 2 months and not get bored. Plus if you get your timing right like we did this year you get to go to NASA and see a launch or two (we got to see an Atlas V, the baby of the fleet, and a Delta IV Heavy launch last month).

Snow - For skiing it has to be Japan, though for snowboarding is either some of the smaller inland Canadian resorts or California. In Europe it is the 3 valley area for both skiing and snowboarding.

Having said all that it all depends on your luck really, I have been to some resorts more than once and had totally different experiences in the same places depending on time of the year and hotel etc.

8. F1Yorkshire

F1Yorkshire Avatar for sale to the highest bidder Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    It's that time of year again when the weather is shit and grey and your body starts to miss sunshine and warmth.

The Mrs is thinking of taking us both to Marrakech for a few days, has anyone been and got any tips for travelling. This will be my 1st trip out of Europe so a new experience for me.

9. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    "... I'm leaving on the Marrakech express ..." Sorry I can't help there F1Yorkshire but it must have been somewhere worth going to for someone to refer to it in song. Either that or the lyricist just needed an interesting or exotic place name to use!:D

p.s. Any trip to that part of the world has to be an adventure ... happy days!

Edit: Misremembered the line, but hey, I was remembering the 1960's / early '70's.:embarrassed:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    F1Yorkshire likes this.
  10. F1Yorkshire

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Whats the song that the line is from, will have to get hold of it.

11. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile

F1ang-o and F1Yorkshire like this.
  12. GeoffP

GeoffP Thank you and good night Contributor

Respect the locals - when in or around locals in town I suggest covering legs and arms, not only is it respect to their views but from my experience they tend to react positively to you compared to thaose that don't do so

F1Yorkshire likes this.
  13. F1Yorkshire

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Marrakesh is booked! 4 days in the heart of the medina in a little back alley hotel. Apparently it's the second most romantic hotel in the city so will see if it lives up to the reputation!

Fenderman likes this.
  14. Jen

Jen Here be dragons. Contributor

If you have to rely on the reputation of an hotel I can't help but think the whole thing might be scuppered from the outset! Is that a tad harsh?

15. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I went to Maracech a couple of years back, it rained and I felt sick for the whole time but didn't get the shits. I did no sightseeing but I did enjoy the food.
    I'm sure you'll have a great time.

F1Yorkshire likes this.
  16. F1Yorkshire

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    What time of year did you go? I'm checking typical weather for March and getting anything from 17 degrees all the way up to 30 depending on the site. Either way it should be better than over here but you never can tell what this countries weather is going to do.

17. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    It was October, with work for 5 days.

18. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Ha! Yeah right. You went to Marakesh. You felt sick the whole time, yet didn't get the shits. You thought it was raining the whole time and you had great appetite.

If I went to Marakesh I'd do the same thing and be full of moroccan too. LOL

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    gethinceri and F1Yorkshire like this.
  19. Titch

Titch Mine is the best pink car on the track. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Lets hope they don't decide on an Arab Spring.

20. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    See what you did there, nice one (geezer)!

Incubus likes this.
  21. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    This is a plug for my friend's apartment for rent in L'Escala, an hour and a half north of Barcelona on the Costa Brava. L'Escala is amazing town, unspoilt, hardly any English go there, mostly Spanish. I've been there at least five times and stayed in this apartment so can vouch for the place and the area in general - it's special. The apartment is quite basic but has everything you need, and is in a perfect location. May be of interest to you, maybe not, but there's a link to a PDF below, and I'd thoroughly recommend a visit to the town if you’re anywhere close. I thank you for your time and hope you have a wonderful day.

http://bit.ly/2qEpSDn

Greenlantern101 likes this.

Share This