Heikki Kovalainen

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by downforce, May 25, 2011.

1. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Josh it depends what he wants if he wants to win races and possibly a championship then he should go to another series but if all he wants is to be in F1 and troll around at the back of the grid then he should try and find a drive for next year.

My feeling is that a race drivers most important urge should be winning otherwise whats the point, those that hang around just for the glam or prestige of F1 are not true race drivers a low level team should be a starting point for a driver not somewhere for him to end his career in.....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Josh

Josh Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Judging by his recent comments about better teams overlooking him and his performances I'd think he does want to win races so I'm not sure what has sparked your comments.

unberable and HamiltonRox! like this.
  4. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

I just don't think he has the ability to be a top driver in F1 but I do feel he could do very well in a different series, and also by taking a seat in a lower team deprives a younger driver of the chance to make his mark in F1, like I said in an earlier post, he has had his chance and he blew it.

There are so few seats available and those that have tried and failed should make room for someone else to have a go...

5. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

It seems as though, Gascoyne felt that Heikki should have shown more respect.

http://en.espnf1.com/caterham/motorsport/story/98581.html

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    siffert_fan

In reference to Heidfeld ..he's had plenty of chances because he's been backed by Mercedes to get into F1 ...only for Ron to discard him as not good enough

If he was he would have replaced DC and not be jumped by Montoya in the queue

His career was saved at Jordan because Giorgio Pantano was asked to bring in sponsorhip to keep Heidfeld going for the season... it was actually hard on Pantano and his family who were bringing £1m a race and remortgaging to do it

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Monza 2008 he only lead 4 laps because Vettel pitted and never really challenged for the victory

The problem was for 2/3 of the weekend he looks like he was on Hamilton's pace but then at the crunch moment he fails to step up when the team needs him to

Judging by Gascoyne' comment it appears that the relationship with the team has broken down

8. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Il_leone

I am not contending that Heidfeld or, indeed, HK is a likely race winner. I am merely stating that, IMHO, both are more likely to score points than the pay drivers. Of course, I don't think the bottom-feeding teams are likely to be able to entice a potential race-winning talent to join them, and therefore think that at least one proven mid-level driver would be a better option than being dependent upon the likes of a Bruno S just because he brings up-front money.

9. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    I was reading an article about Heikki recently. Well it was about Sergio, and how he has to approach Mclaren differently to the way Heikki did. The articl led to an old podcast with Heiki talking about Mclaren. You may have heard it,it's quite old, but here's the links anyway.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/...eat-of-heikki-kovalainens-mclaren-experience/

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/...ow-to-get-the-most-out-of-a-formula-1-driver/

unberable likes this.
  10. EvilWhippet

EvilWhippet Podium Finisher

Has one psychopath just liked every post on this thread?

11. ExtremeNinja

ExtremeNinja Karting amateur Contributor

6 pages of them!!!!!!!

unberable likes this.
  12. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    We're working on the current theory that they are Heikki Kovalainen.

unberable, EvilWhippet, Jen and 5 others like this.
  13. Fenderman

Fenderman Rooters Reporter

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Methinks I have a challenger for the title of "CTA Like-Meister".

unberable, Jen, Josh and 3 others like this.
  14. ExtremeNinja

ExtremeNinja Karting amateur Contributor

Wouldn't it be funny if you woke up tomorrow and he had liked all 2889 of your posts.

unberable, Josh and Fenderman like this.
  15. Fenderman

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Heh, heh ... and there was I just starting to get "picky" :). I just might have to up my game.:D

unberable likes this.
  16. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    The member in question will find they no longer have the ability to "like" thread or profile posts.

Abuse it and you lose it.

unberable, Fenderman and The Pits like this.
  17. Fenderman

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Phew! Back to the new years resolution then. Selectivity it is and shall remain! :D

Edit: I shall maintain my own status as CTA Like-meister based solely on members own merits :D

unberable likes this.
  18. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fenderman - Quite right too!

So, Kovalainen - we've heard a lot about how he's not quite good enough, but is Pic any better?

unberable likes this.
  19. Fenderman

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Heh, heh. Thanks teabagyokel . Always nice to have a decision backed up :D

On Pic, I'm a sceptic. I think I mentioned on some other thread that I think his record in other formulas isn't anything to write home about. It is somewhat better than a couple of the other new chaps but he's below the threshold that I would set if I were a team manager. Maybe my standards are too high:thinking:

unberable likes this.
  20. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Pic supposedly has some potential although its difficult to tell

Heikki though really has not got a lot left...he's not managed by Flavio anymore is he ...who was very good at getting drives ( as well as pocketing himself 25%)

Really if Williams did not the money he would be an ideal driver for them

Caterham aint going any further forward with another year of Heikki you'd think ...they are not some manufacturer team who might with the resources they would have

unberable and teabagyokel like this.
  21. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Heiki is a nice bloke but lacking steel that makes a top F1 driver probably

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice