Hamilton's Best

What is Lewis Hamilton's greatest career victory?

• 2012 Canada - Uses alternate strategy to pass Vettel and Alonso late

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2014 GBR - Overcomes a mental error in Quali to shine on Sunday

• 2007 Canada - Expertly handles 4 SC on way to maiden win

• 2010 Turkey - Epic scrap with JB after RBR collides

• 2014 Bahrain - Sets the tone for 2014 as he memorably outduels Rosberg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! What a Saturday morning treat that was!! thanks very much for posting that Keke. A wonderful trip down memory lane!
How young Lewis looked LOL . And weird seeing Whitmarsh again.

I find it hard to remember many individual races, but I'm gruntled to see Silverstone 2008 being a popular victory. This was my pick too, but for slightly different reasons. It was the first GP I went to, on a jolly with work. The hospitality tent was great, decent food and wine and lots of screens showing the tennis action at Wimbledon. But the Becketts grandstand and spectacle was underwhelming. They looked so slow in the rain, the 'big' screen on the inside of the track was miles away, and the tannoys failed. The beer was warm, the weather was grim and the toilets were awful. Having said that, Hammy won, and the rabbit was very entertaining.

I don't remember all that well his early victories so I have to go with USA 2012. I jumped out of my chair whe he finally passed Vettel. He made my day and it showed he had the maturity to waiy for the right moment to attack.

Thanks for all the replies! Here is my Highlight Package from the British Grand Prix of 2008

Keke....Lewis's drive that day, made me think of Schumacher at Spain in 1996.

Webber's spin at the beginning, and him facing oncoming traffic with visibility damned nearly at zero for all concerned, must have cleared his sinuses. That really was a frightening thing too watch.

vintly you clearly haven't camped at Silverstone on a wet weekend. LOL

And Becketts underwhelming? :o

Cars were so much further away than expected, and from the side-on view you just didn't get the impression the cars were being particularly 'worked'. No doubt better in the dry. Add to that the run-down rickety stand and wobbly wooden seats.

I've clearly become a snob in my old age.

Cars were so much further away than expected, and from the side-on view you just didn't get the impression the cars were being particularly 'worked'. No doubt better in the dry. Add to that the run-down rickety stand and wobbly wooden seats.

I've clearly become a snob in my old age.

There is a big run of at Becketts , but it's a great place to watch them squirm through that complex. And you see them for a long time.
The good news, the grandstand there is now replaced with a new covered one, and you can see across to the new loop and Wellington straight. It's a great viewing place ( but not the cheapest)
The bad news. Even on a sunny day it's freezing. You're out of the sun and the wind whistles through the grandstand.

I'm not a fan of Lewis at all, but having just watched Fuji 2007 this week I gave it my vote. A very mature drive from a rookie in terrible conditions.

The US race in 2012 is the only time I've vocally cheered for Lewis. Even though I've become a fan of Vettel since then, at the time I didn't want to see him win out to finish the season.

Hmm you know having had 44 wins it is somewhat difficult to remember what was a stand out race for Hamilton because we get use to seeing him at the front all the time

I would say Japan 2014 when he overtook Rosberg on the outside to win the race but unfortunately it will be remembered for other reasons that race

So I would say USA 2014 because his passing move on Rosberg was decisive enough to win the race and it helped him towards the tile

The most dramatic race I;ve had watching Hamilton was Brazil 2008 because he threw it away and only to win at the last corner

I am trying to remember how he won Nurburgring 2011 and his win in Abu Dhabi that year as well

Back
Top Bottom