Hamilton v Alonso ~ Senna v Prost

:embarrassed:

I apologise for that one.

I think Lewis is barking up the wrong tree with "I want to beat Alonso" stuff. Surely, he wants to beat everyone, and Vettel is at the forefront of that queue.

They both were too busy fighting each other to notice Kimi Raikkonen saunter off with the 2007 title; they can't want to repeat that mistake.

Remember that Alain Prost was a pallbearer for Senna, too!

Remember that Alain Prost was a pallbearer for Senna, too!

The relationship and the rivalry between Prost and Senna will never be repeated, it swung from total respect to near total hatred (at least on Senna's part). I would recommend the book Prost V Senna to anyone who doesn't know or remember the complete story. To put it another way, can anyone imagine Hamilton ringing Alonso and begging Alonso to come out of retirement because the sport isn't the same without him !!!

Can't be, Senna never retired!

Oh...

Frink.jpg

I think this footage is appropriate for this thread.

Thanks for posting that Keke. It reminds me of why i became a fan Lewis.People have started saying that Kobayashi is the ultimate overtaker, but i think that not only has Hamilton proved himself to be the best overtaker in the last 4 years, but he is easily the best defensive driver as well.

Edited: Due to accidental drunkness

Cool, though my main impression was "eww, what ugly cars". It's amazing how much they've changed in a mere 4 years.

Those grooved Bridgestones do look pretty bad, and the fronts seem huge.

Another thing that has changed massively in 4 years is the distance of the front wing from the ground. The "Overtaking Working Group" recommended this change, and brighter minds have taken it to a whole other level.

Cool, though my main impression was "eww, what ugly cars". It's amazing how much they've changed in a mere 4 years.

Is the video playing back with the correct aspect ratio? The video I see is 4:3 format but it should be 16:9, makes a huge difference as to how the cars look aesthetically.

I'd say Lewis is reaching here a bit, but he's definitely entitled to think whatever he wants about his rivalries / nemesis'. We know he's always idolized Senna , and if he sees any similarities with himself and his hero, he is likely to embrace them...

Slightly off topic, but one of the funniest things I read a couple of years back was Lewis's justification for his helmet design. When challenged that it looked an awful lot like Senna's he went all defensive and tried to claim that the 'yellow with blue and green horizontal bands thing' was purely coincidental. He claimed that his dad chose the yellow so that he could spot him out on track, and that they weren't bands, they were actually ribbons and were all his own idea...

Slightly off topic, but one of the funniest things I read a couple of years back was Lewis's justification for his helmet design. When challenged that it looked an awful lot like Senna's he went all defensive and tried to claim that the 'yellow with blue and green horizontal bands thing' was purely coincidental. He claimed that his dad chose the yellow so that he could spot him out on track, and that they weren't bands, they were actually ribbons and were all his own idea...

Actually, thats not too outlandish. Look at the helmet he wore at the British GP the "Grenada/Britain" helmet. Check the colours of those two flags. Yellow, green, red, blue and white. Those are the colours of Lewis' helmet most the time. There was no red in the Senna colours...

Red is the only addition though. Take away the red ribbon and.... Ayrton, where ya been all these years?

;)

Is the video playing back with the correct aspect ratio? The video I see is 4:3 format but it should be 16:9, makes a huge difference as to how the cars look aesthetically.
Yes, that obviously doesn't help matters...
Those grooved Bridgestones do look pretty bad, and the fronts seem huge.
I was thinking more of all those extra fins, vanes and other protuberances sprouting out from all over its body!

I was thinking more of all those extra fins, vanes and other protuberances sprouting out from all over its body!
For me the best looking cars were those from the early eighties through to the mid nineties; probably because I think everyones favourite look is closely tied to when they first started watching F1... probably a subject for another thread.

There shouldn't be any display issues. At least there isn't any on my end.

Is this a problem with other embedded Vimeo videos snowy?

Apparently Lewis has been very complimentary of Fernando Alonso in F1 racing magazine during an interview with Murray Walker. He described him as "incredibly talented" "His raw speed is just insane - great, great speed,". Yet he had trouble hanging on to you Lewis in your rookie season.

Apparently Lewis has been very complimentary of Fernando Alonso in F1 racing magazine during an interview with Murray Walker. He described him as "incredibly talented" "His raw speed is just insane - great, great speed,". Yet he had trouble hanging on to you Lewis in your rookie season.

I don't think Alonso had trouble with speed or talent per se against Hamilton in 2007; I think Alonso was probably still just faster. He just let Hamilton get to him; he had a mental block going on. We've never seen anything like his desparate moves off the line in Spain & Canada, his swerve to the pitwall at Indy or his petulance in Hungary before or since. I think Lewis might be able to outsprint him now, but I think the main reason Alonso didn't beat the inexperienced kid in 2007 was because he lost his head.

Back
Top Bottom