Current Haas

From the start of the 2016 season we will be able to welcome the Haas F1 Team into the F1 fold. They have just announced one of their drivers in a live stream on their website a really good signing with the talent that is Roman Grosjean. No word of the second driver as yet.

Stewart Haas Racing in NASCAR already stands the team in good stead to getting off to a flying start. These guys know how to race. In turn they also have one of the best wind tunnels in the world and CNC factories at their beck and call as part of the Haas empire.

They seem to think they can hit the ground running and score points in their first season.

I say good luck to them.

Last edited:
So with the rise of Ferrari academy Charles LeClerc - and given both LeClerc and Ferrari's connection to Haas - it possible that he will fill one of the race seats in 2018. That would mean the departure of either Grosjean or KMag.

At the start of the year I would have thought KMag would be the obvious one to go but given his increase of form and Grosjean's constant anger with the team I'm no longer sure.

Thoughts anyone?

Grosjean is safe I think, he is highly regarded in the pit lane and the media. If he does leave Haas he will find a seat somewhere else. K Mag is more at risk even tho I agree his form has increased, he is a bit 'quiet' and seems to fly under the radar.

LeClerc would be good to see in F1 I just wonder if he will have to wait until new teams join. 2 New teams expected for 2019-2020.

Much as I like him, is it not time for Grosjean to chase titles in other series now? I don't see him ever rising past the midfield in his F1 career.

He could have won in Budapest in 2012 or Suzuka in 2013. It's a pity he didn't (sorry Seb) but I don't see another opportunity will arise.

Haas have already exceeded their number of points finishes from last season so have shown a level of improvement.

Furthermore more, when you consider they outscored the entire points total of all of the new teams brought in under Max in whatever guise they were in, they have done a respectable job so far.

The trouble is they are so unbelievably "Meh" :bored:

Haas have already exceeded their number of points finishes from last season so have shown a level of improvement.

Furthermore more, when you consider they outscored the entire points total of all of the new teams brought in under Max in whatever guise they were in, they have done a respectable job so far.

The trouble is they are so unbelievably "Meh" :bored:
The new teams in 2010 built their cars from scratch though, whilst Haas had significant input from Ferrari. Marussia improved after they got rid of Mr. CFD (Nick Wirth), but Caterham remain to be a mystery as to why they never got the car into the midfield despite help from Red Bull and Renault.

I still feel let down by the F1 money system where Manor are concerned. They twice got to the brink of being a competitive midfield team and twice it was taken away from them through lack of funds which really amount to a pittance in F1 terms. Surely another team competing in the midfield could only be good for F1. The Sport is let down by its owners being short sighted.

As for Haas. They were always going to be a Ferrari B Team to start with in order to avoid the fate of HRT, Caterham etc. They may progress on future years. Guess we'll see.

They are meh though - it's their driver one up choices that make it so.

Can I ask that this thread is subtitled Haas (Dallara Ferrari) as I'm not sure if Haas actually make any of the car. They assemble it but I'm not sure they make any part of the car themselves.

I struggle to give a **** about that FB as I've never minded the customer team approach. It's just that Haas just don't seem to have any pizzazz or spunk, just a dull grey team in a dull grey car.
You'd expect Americans to be a bit more exciting and entertaining, but as you say they're 'dull'.

There's a rumour that Ferrari have asked Hass to dump one of their drivers so that they can place one of their junior drivers in the team. Wonder who :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom