Gaming Grand Theft Auto V

If you missed GTA IV The Pits I would recommend trialling V before you buy it.

IV was a massive departure from the previous games in terms of playability and the fun factor.

I think people are looking at San Andreas with rose tinted glasses. Sure it was a great game in its day.....but
I have recently been playing San Andreas on my Work Mac. Completed it 3 times now. I have also completed GTA 4 and the Add ons twice on my PS3.
In my opinion GTA 4 is by far the better game. Sure San Andreas has a bigger map and air planes but really that is the only way it is superior. Game play, car handeling, gun fights, fun, graphics, open buidings, story, etc etc are all better in GTA 4.
I am sure GTA 5 will be more like GTA 4 than San Andreas and that is only a good thing.

GTA IV is the only game in the whole series I gave up on and never completed.

If GTA V is similar then I won't be buying it.

I didn't enjoy it as much as San Andreas but recognise it is a better game, I think it was more to do with growing up a little and losing interest in computer games in general that took the sheen off of it. That said, I have recently bought a PS3 which I have only ever played Gran Turismo on. I've got F1 in the box for when I graduate. This evening I will be on the PC driving Rye House on a kart simulator in prep for my race tomorrow.

Does anyone remember that with the original GTA on PS1 that you could put the discs in your CD player and play the soundtrack? Same with the GTA in London extension.

I may pick up the new GTA and give it a whirl now that I have got a console again.

ExtremeNinja I've done some extensive testing crashing and here are my conclusions. I have a Logitech Driving Force GT on the PS3.
Firstly in Vehicle mode the pedals are non-responsive in both control settings, depending on the settings to accelerate you can either use X or R2 on the wheel. R2 is quite hard to use as a main button as it's on the shoulder of the wheel.
The steering does work but very unresponsive, In GTA you need to be able to make rapid changes of direction, these aren't possible using the wheel, it's like driving a barge, you have to plan your turn well in advance, no handbrakes, doughnuts or pedestrian mowing.
You don't have the same thumb controls which also makes shooting from within a vehicle impossible unless they are straight in front of you.

On foot it is an impossible task, you can turn left or right but you are unable to walk forward or backwards, I had to kind of stagger towards a car to try and get in it. Forget trying to do anything else with it!

It's not a game designed to be used with a wheel and I don't think they will be adding the support for V either.

Rockstar have released the launch date. 17th of September.
So much for spring 2013. Disapointed but hardly surprised.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jan/31/grand-theft-auto-v-release-date

From the Rockstar website
We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

Vice City was by far my favourite! Been so long since I played any of them though... Definitely want to look at getting this one I think!

aqm4DzQ_460s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom