Who gets your vote?

• Lap 8 - 5 Alonso passed 1 Vettel for 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grizzly

Bear
Contributor
Your chance to nominate your favourite pass/passes of the weekend.

Check out the BBC highlights, Galahads summary and KekeTheKing's overtake highlight video.

Personally, from a :chuffed:point of view, the lap 33 Hamilton on Alonso for 1st was great entertainment, but thats as a McLaren fan, and maybe not the most skilful of the weekend, if very daring.

Galahads summary:

Overtaking summary - 10. German Grand Prix

Lap 2 - 7 Schumacher passed 10 Petrov for 8th
9 Heidfeld passed 21 Chandhok for 22nd
9 Heidfeld passed 22 Ricciardo for 21st
15 di Resta passed 21 Chandhok for 23rd
15 di Resta passed 22 Ricciardo for 22nd

Lap 3 - 16 Kobayashi passed 11 Barrichello for 11th
18 Buemi passed 24 Glock for 17th
9 Heidfeld passed 25 D'Ambrosio for 20th
15 di Resta passed 25 D'Ambrosio for 21st

Lap 4 - 9 Heidfeld passed 23 Liuzzi for 19th
9 Heidfeld passed 24 Glock for 18th
14 di Resta passed 23 Liuzzi for 20th

Lap 5 - 18 Buemi passed 20 Kovalainen for 16th
15 di Resta passed 24 Glock for 19th

Lap 6 - 9 Heidfeld passed 20 Kovalainen for 17th

Lap 8 - 5 Alonso passed 1 Vettel for 3rd
15 di Resta passed 20 Kovalainen for 18th

Lap 12 - 2 Webber passed 3 Hamilton for 1st
6 Massa passed 8 Rosberg for 5th
17 Pérez passed 22 Ricciardo for 20th
17 Pérez passed 25 D'Ambrosio for 19th
22 Ricciardo passed 25 D'Ambrosio for 20th

Lap 13 - 3 Hamilton passed 2 Webber for 1st
17 Pérez passed 23 Liuzzi for 18th

Lap 14 - 17 Pérez passed 24 Glock for 17th
18 Buemi passed 25 D'Ambrosio for 21st

Lap 15 - 2 Webber passed 14 Sutil for 5th

Lap 16 - 6 Massa passed 1 Vettel for 3rd
8 Rosberg passed 19 Alguersuari for 11th
18 Buemi passed 22 Ricciardo for 20th

Lap 17 - 4 Button passed 10 Petrov for 6th
7 Schumacher passed 19 Alguersuari for 11th
18 Buemi passed 23 Liuzzi for 18th

Lap 18 - 17 Pérez passed 20 Kovalainen for 15th
18 Buemi passed 24 Glock for 17th

Lap 20 - 6 Massa passed 16 Kobayashi for 7th
1 Vettel passed 16 Kobayashi for 8th

Lap 21 - 6 Massa passed 10 Petrov for 6th

Lap 22 - 1 Vettel passed 10 Petrov for 7th
8 Rosberg passed 10 Petrov for 8th
7 Schumacher passed 10 Petrov for 9th

Lap 23 - 16 Kobayashi passed 12 Maldonado for 13th

Lap 25 - 15 di Resta passed 20 Kovalainen for 15th

Lap 32 - 4 Button passed 14 Sutil for 7th

Lap 33 - 3 Hamilton passed 5 Alonso for 1st

Lap 35 - 4 Button passed 8 Rosberg for 6th
10 Petrov passed 17 Pérez for 12th

Lap 37 - 16 Kobayashi passed 8 Rosberg for 7th

Lap 40 - 8 Rosberg passed 16 Kobayashi for 7th

Lap 41 - 7 Schumacher passed 19 Alguersuari for 11th
25 D'Ambrosio passed 22 Ricciardo for 18th

Lap 46 - 7 Schumacher passed 10 Petrov for 9th

Total overtakes: 52
Drivers: most overtaking moves: Paul di Resta (7), Sébastien Buemi (6), Nick Heidfeld (6)
Most times overtaken: Vitaly Petrov (7), Jérôme D'Ambrosio (5), Timo Glock (5), Heikki Kovalainen (5), Daniel Ricciardo (5)

Two very daring and audacious overtakes for the lead of the race by the eventual winner. I can't choose between the two of them. If I have to, then it must be the pass on Alonso as it ultimately sealed the victory for him. Without that move, he could easily have ended up following Nando across the line for the 2nd spot on the podium.

[Edit]

Lap 13 - 3 Hamilton passed 2 Webber for 1st
Daring pass for the lead showing that Hamilton doesn't take any crap and is one of the most tenacious drivers in F1.

Lap 33 - 3 Hamilton passed 5 Alonso for 1st
Daring pass for the lead showing that Hamilton isn't afraid of anyone and knows you have to stick your neck out sometimes if you want to win races.

I can't choose between the two of them. If I have to...

Purely nominations Ninja, so post up what you like. Well add a poll later of all the nominations.....

For ease of following the thread copy/paste from Galahads summary, and add any explanation below...

ie

Lap 12
22 Ricciardo passed 25 D'Ambrosio for 20th

Swiped the skin right of his custard...

I actually preferred Hamilton's on Webber, the one on Alonso was very satisfying but I love the immediate come backs drivers pull and actually that one was great - he doesn't give up and it could have resulted in a usual disaster. Well done both men for some great racing I feel.

Lap 20 - 6 Massa passed 16 Kobayashi for 7th
This one was quite good, you thought both would collide, both braked late, and yet both made the corner, reminiscent of Alonso on Massa 2007.

The Hamilton on Alonso move I find over-rated, Alonso was on cold tyres and the Ferrari is not very good at getting heat in, and he dropped off Hamilton for a fair few laps, just because I said it was overated doesn't mean that I didn't think it was "great"

I would have nominated Alonso overtaking Vettel, but then Vettel didn't seem like he was defending much and just let him by.

I actually preferred Hamilton's on Webber, the one on Alonso was very satisfying but I love the immediate come backs drivers pull and actually that one was great - he doesn't give up and it could have resulted in a usual disaster. Well done both men for some great racing I feel.

I agree with Hamberg. Unusual to see the two of them staying on the same piece of track, but great opportunism!

When you look at how strong and relentless Alonso is in relation to Webber historically...and when you look at the strength of the Ferraris in relation to the Red Bulls at Nurburgring, then - for me - there can be no question what an absolutely historic over-take Hamilton's was on Alonso.

I mean the Ferraris were superior to Red Bulls at Nurburgring...and Alonso's a superior animal to Webber. No question. That was a mighty combination (an on-form Alonso / superior Ferrari) for Hamilton to dispatch in Germany.

And...It was on the outside...And... it was for the Grand Prix victory!

It was like Hakkinen on Schumacher at Spa in 2000.

Historic!

Historic?

Alonso came out of the pits with cold tyres giving Hamilton a simple overtake. That hardly compares with Hakkinen going one side of the Minardi and Schumacher the other side. All three drivers had to have nerves of steel.

When you look at how strong and relentless Alonso is in relation to Webber historically...and when you look at the strength of the Ferraris in relation to the Red Bulls at Nurburgring, then - for me - there can be no question what an absolutely historic over-take Hamilton's was on Alonso.

I mean the Ferraris were superior to Red Bulls at Nurburgring...and Alonso's a superior animal to Webber. No question. That was a mighty combination (an on-form Alonso / superior Ferrari) for Hamilton to dispatch in Germany.

And...It was on the outside...And... it was for the Grand Prix victory!

It was like Hakkinen on Schumacher at Spa in 2000.

Historic!

And that is what I meant on how overated people make it

I agree the Hamilton overtake on Alonso is over-rated but it was still impressive as was crucial for the win and even on cold tyres Alonso could have been more agressive.

Lewis' overtake of Webber was IMO better than that of Alonso

Webber resisted and got beaten
Alonso didn't (couldn't) resist and got beaten

Alonso doesn't understand Lewis' aggression or one track mind, Lewis wants to overtake, Alonso would prefer just to end up ahead, he couldn't expect the verve or nerve

Simple? You mean like when Webber tried the same thing on Hamilton a lap earlier?....

Watch that second video again and you will be able to see that Alonso was tiptoeing round turn one and not much better in turns two and three. It is well known that this season the Ferrari has taken a long time to warm up the harder tyre compounds, although it is improving. However this effect is exaggerated when the air and track temperatures are low.

I was wearing a vest, a long-sleeved shirt, a thick jumper, a pair of jeans and thick, wind-proof jacket and trousers and never felt warm during the race. Ironically the sun came out briefly just after the race finished and it felt quite pleasant.

Hamilton on Alonso is definitely overrated, it was nice to see but when you think about it it's really not that special (see Bill Boddy's and Slyboogy's posts).

Hamilton on Webber was a very good one, I didn't think Hamilton would take the inside line, he was so close to the wall! That was very brave.

Got to be Lewis re-overtake on Webber for me. Pure genius. Reminded me of Spa 2008 on Kimi actually.

Would like to give Alonso's move on Vettel a mention though as although Vettel didn't put up much of a fight Alonso came from absolutely miles back and real put his family jewels on the line for it.

I'd have to go back and look but the way Petrov was driving I think any overtake on him would have had to be well executed. I shall go back and have a little look.

Back
Top Bottom