Poll Gallery - any interest?

Would a gallery be a worthwhile addition to the site?

• Total voters
Brogan now that the gallery is up and running I can see a case for archiving some of the other threads such as the music thread and maybe the funny stuff on the internet thread.

Do you think that would be a sensible move....?

Or shall I shut up...?;)

And who is the nominated Moderator for the section? Just in case I want to go and have a moan to someone about something..:D

The music thread possibly but the funny stuff thread probably not as not everyone can upload images to the gallery.

I think though it may be worth leaving them in place so people have the choice?

In general I think it would be nice if the features for comments etc. in media could be more in line with forum posts (quoting, tagging etc.) and is a ranking needed as well as being able to like the video/image? That would make it easier to have discussions about the media.

I have been viewing them on the media page, I think..! Definitely not the thumbnail view anyway.

I leave the media forum, back to the main Forum Menu screen and then re-enter the media forum but the view count hasn't increased.

The view count is updated via a routine cron task which runs every 30 minutes.

I have just run it manually and it appears to be working.

Ah, Okay! Sorry, my mistake! :embarrassed: I assumed the count went up immediately on each viewing! Didn't realise it updated at regular, set, intervals!
I just checked and all the view counts have increased. Everything is fine again! :)

There has been a big update to the gallery.

In summary:
  • Thumbnails are now square
  • The thumbnails are now just a grid with no additional information
  • Videos can no longer be previewed in the thumbnail view
  • The sidebar contains two new blocks
    • Recent Comments
    • Top Contributors
  • There is a "New Media" link on the nav bar which will, unsurprisingly, display all the new media

All of the data such as the title, category, uploader, views, likes, etc, can be re-enabled if that is preferred.

I just though it was largely superfluous and most people wouldn't really be interested.

All of the data is of course still available on each individual page.

Back
Top Bottom