Future F1 Grands Prix

Any more GP's than we already have on the calendar would make it a turn off for me.

At the moment it seems to be March - end of November - instead of such a long summer break why not have just a three week break instead. As otherwise F1 is gonna turn into a year round thing and become boring like Tennis and Cricket have!
I think that would be an ideal situation. The summer break is far to long. 3 weeks would be just about right.

Anybody get the feeling that without the teams moaning, Berine would be trying to recreate Nascar and have a race 40-45 weeks of the year??

I hope things do not go that way, Its just too much you can have too much of a good thing, only plus point, more races on the BBC.....not really but theres enough threads about that already.

In the BBC gossip column today, Bernie was quoted as saying that western Europe was 'finished' as a top-class venue for formula 1, and that there would only be five races there in the future. I think this is slightly worrying as although it is important to be pushing F1 into new (returning) markets such as Russia, Mexico and South Africa I feel that F1 cannot leave its traditional heartland and instead going new, soulless venues.
If only five western European venues were chosen, with Silverstone, Monza and Monaco apparently safe, only two races would be left for western Europe with Spain, Germany, France and Belgium competing.

It is amazing how Bernie sees the world isn't it? As I can see, he's going to need more Western European races soon enough when the governments of the Eastern countries that keep paying him realise there's no benefit to actually hosting a Formula One race.

He's going to lose Korea, China, Australia, the US, Malaysia, Bahrain and Japan. So where's he going?

He's going to lose Korea, China, Australia, the US, Malaysia, Bahrain and Japan. So where's he going?

Don't see him losing Japan anytime soon, or US.

It's a miracle that Australia, China and Malaysia have been going on for all these years despite the amount of money they lose.

I think Malaysia had been brilliant for F1, and F1 has been brilliant for Malaysia - apparently there is a new appetite for motorsport there. The Aussies will have a race whether or not it is in Melbourne. Bernie will want to keep the Chinese as they are such a rising economic power.

Yeah, Bernie prices the world out of F1, the fan base in most of the new venues just isn't there (look at the empty grand stands) and with PPV starting to take hold in the UK it's bound to put the price of TV rights up the world over.

Soon no one will be able to afford F1.

Something will give eventually.

Well, he'll probably have copped it within 5 years so unless he forces it through before he pops his clogs I'll take no notice of what Bernie says...

im sorry to say this because im australian but the only reason why the melbourne gp is still around is because the government here is retarded saying we'll get rid of it, its so bad, pollution, money ect ect and yet there is no plan to stop

It's more likely to be like the world rally championship a season ends and then the next week it begins again, and I couldn't cope with that, in fact I would like less races 17 or 18 max..

Would love for a race to be held at the A1 ring and get rid of the Grand Prix at Valencia, as i don't think there is a need to have 2 races in one country especially if Bernie wants to limit the amount of races in western Europe.

spain should probably scrap both races as both have no excitement and build a brand new state f the art one in barcelona, madrid or valenica

Back
Top Bottom