Force India

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Today was a disaster for the team
    Perez took Ocon out - how did not know it was him - the only other pink car and pink helmet driver on the grid

Then he decided to batter Sirotkin out of the way so Force India ended up with nil points. Now they have employed they can't race each other strategy again... I am not sure if I was Ocon I'd want to comply given he is looking for a drive.

Today probably shows why Perez is not wanted by the big teams as well ..if he did not have money he might not be in F1

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    With these guys its not as obvious as Sauber which is same owners, new name, given that its new owners, new name should we create a new thread for Racing (No) Point??

4. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Nike.

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well they have a new companies house number. The first time that has changed since Jordan so.....maybe new thread I reckon.

Having said that if we go that rule the Honda, Brawn and Merc thread should be merged into each.

6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, as confusing as it is, I think it's farewell Force India. Hello Racing Point(less)

7. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Not trying to be difficult, I thought Racing Point was only a temporary name and they were going to announce a different one when they launch the 2019 car. I read that somewhere, I can't recall where though.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  8. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    From what I remember they were Racing Point Force India last year just to get round the wrangle of not being a new team and then the Force India was going to get dropped for 2019.

The name actually really shows the teams intentions. You only have to look at the Merc emblem to see what they are going on about

9. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Angel I read that too. I don't think the official name is announced yet. Racing Point is a temporary title.

Angel likes this.
  10. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Greenlantern101 likes this.
  11. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    'Stroll' isn't the best name for a racing team. Expecting something brand new.

Bill Boddy and Angel like this.
  12. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    I'll wait a bit then

Angel likes this.
  13. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

If Stroll isn't right, maybe they could go with Amble.

14. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Perambulate?

Andyoak likes this.
  15. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I presume they had to change the company registration to avoid being pulled in to any litigation which will follow Vijay Mallay around.

16. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Or just Pram

17. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Racing Buggies ?

18. Angel

Featured Threads:
    So they're not going to be Racing Point (as we said), the new name they're going with is completely different it's 'Racing Point F1'.

Wow, who would have believed it? :rolleyes:

19. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Angel - being fair, they were investigating other names - apparently they approached Lola over the possibility of rebranding themselves/licensing themselves as the Lola team... To me, that would have been a non-starter... Of course, given that Sauber have rebranded as Alfa Romeo, RPFI could have rebranded as Sauber! ;)

Bill Boddy likes this.
  20. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Or Racing Team Merc 2 F1

The Artist..... likes this.
  21. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Strollers?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice