Force India

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Wasn't it always thus? All the teams are interested in is themselves, whoever came up with the idea of them having any involvement in the management of the sport needs their bumps felt.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I don't believe in Zimmerman Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yep once again thw frogs in the saucepan on the hob are failing to notice that it's getting hotter.

4. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ross Brawn will do all be can to save Force India

Ross Brawn: Formula 1 will do all it can to save Force India

Which probably means buy them for a quid and then sell them for millions the year after.

Bill Boddy and Galahad like this.
  5. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Fixed that for you. Assuming that he sets the rules, of course.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  6. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    What you calling me?

cider_and_toast and gethinceri like this.
  7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    ROFL

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Suggestion is a Mercedes B team will be formed from Force India 's situation . Force India have always fought for the smaller team's corner and the balance of power will shift to Merc possibly which needs to be avoided at all costs

Incidentally the team will stop car development until a buyer is found which means that the team will fall backwards in the midfield battle.. so Mclaren could overtake them as well

9. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Force India exiting administration; takeover helmed by Laurence Stroll...

Galahad likes this.
  10. Johnny Carwash

Johnny Carwash Champion Elect Contributor

So that’s Lance Stroll driving for Force Canada in 2019 then.

Titch and The Pits like this.
  11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Stroll-backed consortium saves Force India F1 team

Confirmation on Autosport. I expect a name change and a similar deal with Merc that Haas have with Ferrari.

12. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Well if its a Mercedes B team Lawrence Stroll wants lets see how he copes if either Ocon or Russell wipes the floor off Lance Stroll

13. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

Ok, so who would Lance want as a team mate at TFKAFI (team formerly know as Force India)? Certainly not Ocon, maybe they should try to get Vandoorn, he's kinda slow and available

14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ha. Put Vandorne in a decent car where he is not 2nd class citizen and we'll see how slow he is.

15. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Well, the latest is a strategical move on how to become No. 1 driver. Just have papa to buy you a team, and lobby at a dinner table at home. Success rate could be very high. I feel sorry for his teammate already.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  16. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:

Can they afford to change the name though? Doesn't that then lose them any prize money they've already won this year? Or is that only the case if they change it between seasons? I don't know the exact rules on that, but I do know it can affect what prize money they get depending in when they do it and if the other teams agree to it or something. Anyone know the exact rules on this?

Izumi I agree, I feel sorry for his team mate already as well. I am guessing it's likely to be Perez?

17. Grizzly

Grizzly Bear Contributor

LOL What, in F1?

Angel likes this.
  18. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

I think the name can (and probably will) be changed only for 2019.
    Food for thought - when drivers of caliber Ocon and Perez are might end up without a drive in 2019, then something is seriously wrong. Haas might through a life line, maybe RBR...

19. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    So happy for Lance and Force India. Great to see them both in a great position for the future.

20. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Edit.

21. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    There are concerns that Force India might be a Mercedes B team or junior team swinging the shift from the private and smaller teams in favour of the big 3 in the power struggle

Apparently Ocon is a friend of Lance Stroll plus he is a Mercedes backed driver so you would think Toto would put his influence there because he also wants to make sure George Russell is in F1 next season

So to me Perez has to leave Force India . His opportunities to drive for a top team has gone and his sponsorship connections would mean he would be a good fit for Haas or Sauber

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice