First Entered 2008
Races Entered 55
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 1
Fastest Laps 1
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Team History

In 1991 Eddie Jordan made the leap from the lower formulae to F1 with the Jordan Grand Prix Team. Jordan Grand Prix raced with varying degrees of success until 2005, taking part in 250 Grand Prix, winning 4.

In 2006 Jordan was sold to Canadian businessman Alex Shnaider and was rebadged as Midland F1 – entered as the first Russian Grand Prix team. Midland had little success and by the end of 2006 the team was sold to Dutch car sports car makers Spyker and the entry changed to Spyker MF1. Spyker were as unsuccessful as Midland and at the end of 2007 the team was sold again, this time to Vijay Mallya, and Force India was born

Force India

For the 2008 season Force India used an updated version of the Spyker car, designated the VJM01, married to Ferrari engines. Adrian Sutil and Ginacarlo Fisichella were the drivers with Vitantonio Luizzi as the tester. The season wasn’t massively successful, Sutil missed out on potentially scoring points at Monaco when Kimi Raikkonen crashed into him, otherwise the highest placing they managed was 10th for Fisichella in Spain.

Mercedes Power

For 2009 Force India moved from Ferrari power to Mercedes engines. With the same drivers as 2008 the early part of the season showed that Force India VJM02 had made steps forward in performance. Sutil ran 6th in China, before aquaplaning off the circuit, and was as high as 2nd in Germany before another coming together with Raikkonen as he exited the pits. The Belgian Grand Prix at Spa proved to be the high point of Force India’s season. Fisichella, to the amazement of many on the grid, put his car on pole and brought the car home 2nd only to leave the team to substitute for Felipe Massa at Ferrari for the remainder of the season. Sutil followed up Fisichella’s points scoring exploits with a 4th in Italy now partnered by test driver Luizzi.

For 2010 Mercedes engines were retained, as was the driver line up the team ended 2009 with. The VJM03 was another step forward for the 2009 model and Force India scored points regularly in the mid-field. Sutil managed the teams highest race finish with a 5th in Malaysia and the team ended the season 7th in the Constructors Championship

Test driver Paul di Resta replaces Luizzi for 2011 in the VJM04 chassis. With continuing support from Mercedes High Performance Engines and McLaren Applied Technologies Force India are looking to head the mid-field in 2011.

Just spotted the termination date on there is the 24th which was Sunday - the day of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Depends which Andretti turns up. The multi talented, multiple series winning Andretti or the crash at the drop of a hat, fly in from America and fly home again as soon as it's over, waste a golden opportunity Andretti?

For Force India that would be great marketing exposure if they were bought by Andretti increasing F1 interest in the USA.

Will Michael make the same mistake as he did as a driver where he 'd rather stay in America instead of relocate to Europe. Surely the team with its infrastructure in place they would not to relocate the team base

So is the reason in delaying the name change?.. about time the team got rid of its shady owners..

This is an interesting development seeing Force India are always seen as a Mercedes junior team so would Mercedes have the same level of influence.

I would say no. If Andretti bought in then it would change to the Andretti brand. He very much has his own stable of drivers who compete across formula for him - a number of whom have F1 experience. I would expect to see at least one of them - Alexander Rossi - appear at the team.

I can only prey for Robin Fijns to get brought in too but I think that's hoping too much.

then Mercedes have a problem as there are no mid or back of the grid teams who would help give their young drivers F1 experience

It makes Ocon's future with the team uncertain, Perez to a lesser extent being Mexican and the sponsorship he bring

You know what's going on here don't you? Super Mario has won the F1 title, the Indy 500 and the Indy Car Championship, he's won at Daytona, Pikes peak and has a class win at Le Mans. What's Missing? Monaco baby! Expect to see Mario dropped in to an ex-Force India car for the next couple of seasons so he can get his triple crown before Alonso.

His team mate is going to be Emerson Fittipaldi and all the other teams have agreed to drop behind then at Monaco to let them duel it out for the triple crown.

RasputinLives Yeah and he keeps saying he wants to be in F1 on merit but he is getting trounced by his teammate Albon who is 45 pts ahead ( why is not he getting noticed by F1 teams?) in F2 and behind the not so highly rated Sean Galeal as well

If Mclaren sign Latifi, that is an insult to Norris as well as to the traditions of the team in hiring world class drivers. They would sink low in my estimation

My original thought was if Andretti buys out Force India , their driver pairing could be Ocon plus Latifi or Russell plus Latifi assuming they will have Merc engines

Latifi is there because being a driver from North America that would be for sponsorship reasons. I would think Perez has to move on from the team if he seriously wants to drive for Ferrari rather than spend another year at Force India

I can only see Perez going to Haas with his sponsorship money and replace Grosjean

Like I said before if Andretti buys Force India we'll see Alexander Rossi. His dad is involved with the Andretti team

RasputinLives Ahh I did not notice the Rossi connection so yeah Latifi is either going to Mclaren - they should hold their heads in shame if he does considering he is probably not as talented as Norris or VanDoorne

I guess Perez ' F1 career could be finished unless he moves back to Sauber or onto Haas

I have no qualms seeing Alexander Rossi back in F1 .. he has decent enough credentials to deserve his shot

Andyoak
I agree that he missed his chance when Renault offered a drive for him and now Hulkenberg is the beneficiary from this in the long run

Andyoak Maybe the Mclaren drive for Sergio came too early in his career. I still think he should have gone for the Renault drive and analysed it long term

He is getting himself in the same position as Nick Heidfeld did thinking he was going to drive for the team that supported his junior career but getting constantly overlooked and then leaving himself with no good options almost. I mean Ferrari could have hired him and save money paying Raikkonen's wages to partner Vettel but they have not so why should that change now Ricciardo and LeClerc are the top 2 on their most wanted list

Back
Top Bottom