First Entered 2008
Races Entered 55
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 1
Fastest Laps 1
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Team History

In 1991 Eddie Jordan made the leap from the lower formulae to F1 with the Jordan Grand Prix Team. Jordan Grand Prix raced with varying degrees of success until 2005, taking part in 250 Grand Prix, winning 4.

In 2006 Jordan was sold to Canadian businessman Alex Shnaider and was rebadged as Midland F1 – entered as the first Russian Grand Prix team. Midland had little success and by the end of 2006 the team was sold to Dutch car sports car makers Spyker and the entry changed to Spyker MF1. Spyker were as unsuccessful as Midland and at the end of 2007 the team was sold again, this time to Vijay Mallya, and Force India was born

Force India

For the 2008 season Force India used an updated version of the Spyker car, designated the VJM01, married to Ferrari engines. Adrian Sutil and Ginacarlo Fisichella were the drivers with Vitantonio Luizzi as the tester. The season wasn’t massively successful, Sutil missed out on potentially scoring points at Monaco when Kimi Raikkonen crashed into him, otherwise the highest placing they managed was 10th for Fisichella in Spain.

Mercedes Power

For 2009 Force India moved from Ferrari power to Mercedes engines. With the same drivers as 2008 the early part of the season showed that Force India VJM02 had made steps forward in performance. Sutil ran 6th in China, before aquaplaning off the circuit, and was as high as 2nd in Germany before another coming together with Raikkonen as he exited the pits. The Belgian Grand Prix at Spa proved to be the high point of Force India’s season. Fisichella, to the amazement of many on the grid, put his car on pole and brought the car home 2nd only to leave the team to substitute for Felipe Massa at Ferrari for the remainder of the season. Sutil followed up Fisichella’s points scoring exploits with a 4th in Italy now partnered by test driver Luizzi.

For 2010 Mercedes engines were retained, as was the driver line up the team ended 2009 with. The VJM03 was another step forward for the 2009 model and Force India scored points regularly in the mid-field. Sutil managed the teams highest race finish with a 5th in Malaysia and the team ended the season 7th in the Constructors Championship

Test driver Paul di Resta replaces Luizzi for 2011 in the VJM04 chassis. With continuing support from Mercedes High Performance Engines and McLaren Applied Technologies Force India are looking to head the mid-field in 2011.

Not a chance. They're absolutely miles clear of Williams, and they have a faster car. Ocon cut through the midfield extremely quickly after the red flag.

Force India have scored double figures in WCC points three times this season; Williams' Azerbaijan result marked the only time anyone beneath them did so. I also suspect that Force India will score big somewhere - Spa or Monza? - this season.

They will finish fourth.

I'm not saying that won't have an effect on their points score, but I think it is unlikely that the 'team orders' situation will cost them points very often up to the end of the season.

It will happen that one is faster than the other, and they'll certainly run close, but there'll be plenty of events where the two will either be separated or running at comparable pace. They can pick up enough points at the "normal" races to mitigate those instances when they might be stymied by the lack of effective team orders.

I just can't see that Williams (with a weaker car and a weaker driver line-up) or Toro Rosso (without the advantage of the Mercedes-boost at Spa/Monza) can catch them, and no-one else is remotely near.

I think Williams can catch up now Stroll is feeling comfortable and the team is in better harmony. Toro Rosso I think the bad blood between the two drivers might push them further down especially if Palmer can just get his act together at Renault

It really depends how bad they behave to each other on the track especially if Perez is definitely going - he's not going to care whether Force India finishes

He is going to care if Sergio Perez finishes though. He's not going to get a top drive by showing himself to be wall-bait; he needs to convince people that he's going to be both fast and reliable because he's not got compliant on his CV!

Williams aren't far off pace wise, but they are off. And I don't think it can change as dramatically as a top team fight since I doubt either have a run-away R&D budget.

Perez is going to show more ruthlessness in wheel to wheel racing and that includes his teammate to show he deserves a top drive.

Which team is he going to sign for that do not expect their non-superstar drivers to follow team-orders? His most likely seat is the ****ing Ferrari one, doubt they're going to be impressed by ruthlessness to his team-mate. He wouldn't get away with punting Vettel off the road.

Force India makes first move in ‘Force One’ name change

does that mean that if they have a Webber in Valencia incident in the future, they will become air force one LOL

here all week.png.jpg

here all week.png

Last edited:
Seems a bit harsh given Perez's pace in Canada.

Given the current position F.I. find themselves in and their performance level they would be an attractive proposition for drivers which puts Perez on the back foot if F.I. think better may be available?

It is interesting that the words are coming from the COO not Bob Fearnley or VJ

I don't think FI want to upset Ocon too much given he's done enough to warrant a bigger team

Lucas Auer (Gerhard Berger's nephew) to test for Force India

Auer to test for Force India | PlanetF1

Auer was in F3 the same season as Ocon and Verstappen. He held his own, got better as season went on and then ended up winning Macau. Not sure how he has done since really but looked like he had potential back then so test will be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom