Movies Film Thread

I watched 'Suicide squad' last night. It was decent.

Things I learned.
  • Cara Delevingne can't act.
  • Jared Leto is a crap Joker.
  • Ben Affleck as 'Fat (Bat) Man' is all wrong.
  • I now have a 'thing' for Margot Robbie.

Watched It might get loud last night. It's very entertaining. Basically they gather 3 prominent guitarists (Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White) and have them tell stories on their beginnings and method to write music, as well as anecdotes. The main part of the documentary is when they get together and show the others how to play one their songs. As a closing act they play together a song using acoustic guitars. It's on Netflix.

Watched Stan And Ollie last night, I don't know how accurate the story was, I know they tend to fiddle with these things to make a better film sometimes, but that was a good film. It was both funny and sad and they did a great job of recreating the pair and their routines. If you ever enjoyed Laurel and Hardy, I'd say that was a very good watch. It was a real shame how things turned out for them.

Last edited:
Here's my prediction for the Top Gun 2 script.

Top Gun 2.

Tom Cruise stars as a maverick pilot who is an outstanding flyer but can never stay on the right side of the regulations. He is selected to go to top gun school where he impresses with his skills but not his attitude. That is until someone close to him is hurt and he is forced to question his beliefs. Fortunately a crisis brings him out of his downer and together with his fellow pilots he saves the day.

The End.

Close cider_and_toast, from what I've seen, (which isn't much and I don't want to know really) Tom Cruise playes Maverick again, obviously, he's an instructor at the top gun school and Goose's son arrives there. Oh and Val Kilmer reprises his role as Iceman, (please do not mix him up with Kimi Raikkonen ;) )

Last edited:
I like a lot of Tom Cruise movies but they do a have the same plot. The same way I like Harrison Ford movies but be always plays the same character.

I've enjoyed a few Tom Cruise films over the years but Ras is right, most of them use the same house just different curtains.

I think the film of his I've most enjoyed is Minority Report.

For the record, I hate Top Gun. Its a load of testosterone fuelled macho bullshit. In my humble opinion of course. :snigger:

Well we can't and don't all like the same things do we? :) I refer you back to my feelings about Jacques Villeneuve compared to yours ;)

To be honest I love the music from that film as much as the film and when I've been feeling particularly crappy (health wise) playing that usually helps me somehow. I can't explain why, it just does. Maybe that's part of why it means so much to me.

You ever hang around with a group of aviators?
I have, I have!!! Both serving and former RAF pilots who were part of a vintage display team, along with a pop star and his brother who was part of that. They were very full on a not small part of the time. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom