Felipe Massa

Brilliant driver on his day but is he championship material?

In 2008 he proved he was but thats only one occassion, plus that season the Ferrari TBH was a bit quicker and won more races that season. In 2009 he nearly suffered a career ending head-injury and since coming to back to the grid he hasn't really shown that promise he did in 2008.

Don't get me wrong he's a driver i very much like, but i do wonder if he'll be a title challenger again for Ferrari season in season out or if he'll stay at Ferrari much longer?

Whats your thoughts on Massa?

It is now the 11th season (and 10th consecutive) in which Felipe Massa has lead at least one lap of a Formula One Grand Prix:
TEN CAN.png

You know we all laugh at these guys getting contract renewals or new deals but they always end up doing. Look at kimi last year.

Sponsors play safe.

With the limited time for testing time these days, it's very difficult to let go experienced drivers, particularly those that tend to develop the car, even if they are not the quicker and more exciting options. This has happened at Ferrari and McLaren.

Unless Felipe Massa does something extraordinary I see this season as his last

The only thing that will make Williams retain him is they are sponsored by Bank of Brazil so they would tie their hands

I can see him and his mate NAsr swapping seats as the other option meaning he will end his career with the team he started his F1 career - Sauber

Remember how everyone kept saying it was his last season for years at Ferrari? And how they said if about Webber for years at Ted Bull. Oh and about Kimi at Ferrari? Oh and Button at Mclaren?

There is a game called Monopoly. There are a group of drivers who are very good at it.

True, but that is speculation about drivers who were at the time under contract (or at least with very solid options for the following year). In the case of Massa, his Williams contract expires at the end of 2016. Let's see how 'in demand' he is then.

Kimi took a pay off and walked away for a bit and Webber quit F1 all together. Button looks set to Ruben's his way out of F1.

teabagyokel yeah but those drivers faces aren't well known enough to stick into adverts so sponsors won't pay big bucks to have their name in the car.

Let's face it 98% of people would see Nasr's face and think he was some random actor. 70% of people would know who Massa was and what he did even if they didn't actually know his name.

I guess we Don't know how popular he is in Brazil but if we went on UK example would most people know who Jolyon Palmer and Will Stevens were?

Then it's down to the marketing people to make the most of their sponsorship spend. I have to admit I've never worked out why anything other than multi-nationals sponsor F1. Seeing Sauber running round a race track doesn't make me want to move my bank account to Banco do Brasil and I somehow doubt I could even if I wanted to.

Banco Do Brasil most definitely IS a multinational company. t's the biggest bank in latin America by far and has branches, sub-branches and subsidiaries as well as trading partners all over the place. Personal banking is probably just one minor part within its multitude of various financial tradings.

Back
Top Bottom