Notice Featured Threads

The Featured Thread functionality should be seen as an advertisement for Xenforo, in the context of Clip the Apex it is rather irrelevant because we don't have enough threads that featuring makes a huge deal of difference.

Thus the Featured Threads should be considered in the sense that you sometimes see Finding Nemo on the TVs they sell in Currys, they show off the best of the feature. Putting a one-liner on your advert would not attract customers.

Spot on F1Yorkshire.
Featured threads are supposed to be the best content available.
As the first post content is what is used to highlight the thread, one line of text is a poor advertisement for decent content, irrespective of how the thread develops.

teabagyokel, I originally wrote the add-on just for us on here.
It was a means of automating the manually coded template we originally had at the top of the forum list.
Ironically it was supposed to save me time but I have now been continuously developing the add-on for 9 months.

More and more people showed an interest in it so I decided to sell it to other forum owners.
Currently it is the second most popular add-on available for XenForo (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/?order=rating_weighted), with only a free add-on rated higher than it, which goes to show how highly forum administrators value it.
Some even use it to make money - selling advertising space or allowing members to pay to have their content featured.

So while I now use this site to promote the feature to potential customers, I would far rather it was used for its original intention.
Sadly we just don't have enough suitable content to use it to its full potential.

Same old story.

Last edited:
Hey Brogan maybe it would be a good idea to feature the Hamilton/Rosberg team orders thread? That's a great controversial incident which would likely get people more involved, or at least to view it?

Any Chance the Forum can be set up so that any Featured Articles are tweeted to the masses, as it seems the Clip the Apex Twitter feed is under used, just an idea?

No it was more, an Auto setting to link the CTA Twitter account, so as soon as Featured is assigned to an article or forum entry, can the Platform the Web Site is run on, Auto Tweet this?

You may be using a different platform, but with my own Wigan Athletic Web site, as soon as I issue an article the boffins have made it so the artcile is added to the Facebook account, Twitter Feed, Tumblr, etc, I don't have to do anything.

But if it's more a manual step, then fine.

Oh, I see.

No, that's not possible without additional code/development and I no longer use that account anyway.
In my experience, trying to get new members from Facebook and Twitter is a waste of time, so I no longer bother.

Oh, I see.

No, that's not possible without additional code/development and I no longer use that account anyway.
In my experience, trying to get new members from Facebook and Twitter is a waste of time, so I no longer bother.
Okay no worries.

Coming soon.

upload_2014-12-7_2-27-51.png

upload_2014-12-7_2-27-5.png

The archive page will be a permanent list of all featured threads - current and expired.

In addition, each member who has had threads featured will have a tab on their profile page listing them all.

Back
Top Bottom