Notice Featured Threads

Coming soon :)

IMG_27012014_173810.png

upload_2014-1-26_22-51-24.png

All of the thread stat's are individually configurable so they can be enabled/disabled as required.

We are now running 1.5.0 Beta 1 of Featured Threads.

Who's going to be the first to get an alert for having their thread featured? :D

Indeed you did RasputinLives and I am extremely grateful for your efforts, as always.

Sadly, a handful of suitable threads every month just makes the page look stale and as if the site is almost dead (which it is, but I don't really want to advertise that fact).

I found myself skipping the page too which is why I disabled it.

That feature is only really going to work on busier forums.

Oh well, it's not like I spent weeks developing it...nooooo, not at all.

It's still pre-season. Only the die-hard clippers are constantly posting. The seasonals are coming back and I'm seeing a lot of new members. Once the season gets under way I'm sure the feature will get more use. Trophy points for featured threads wouldn't hurt too!

All the regulars know what a great job you've done with the site especially with little previous experience. Another hat tip to you fella. :goodday:

It would actually be worth having a front page similar to or in combination with the featured threads page if you would publish news on this page, it might also increase the chance of new users joining.
You could just publish the releases from the teams coupled with pictures. All you would need to do is sign up with the teams to get permission to use their content and receive updates.
Here for example: http://media.sauberf1team.com/

Just an idea.....

Unfortunately I don't have time to get into publishing content like that.

I barely have time to visit the site as it is.

A few more updates have been rolled out.

The more observant amongst you will have may already noticed the expiry date on the blocks.

Counts are also now possible for each member, with the total number of threads they have had featured visible in the member card and on the profile page.
Check mine or teabagyokel's, for example: http://cliptheapex.com/members/teabagyokel.26/

Next will be trophies based on the count.

Unfortunately it only counts threads which were featured after the previous update, as that's when I added the code to start tracking them.

If you can let me know which of your threads were featured previously, I would be more than happy to manually add those to your count.

That goes for anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom