Fantasy F1 - any interest this year?

Would you play FF1 this year?

• Total voters
I love FF1, I would definitely play but only noticed the poll today. It should be better than last year too as all the values will better represent actual performance - last season it was difficult to do anything other than stick with Mercedes.

It's also by far the best FF1 game I've seen anywhere, it's the only one I know that recreates what fantasy football does in the sense of creating a "realistic" fantasy team (drivers, engine, chassis...) and having value as a key component of the game. Prediction games are nowhere near as fun.

I'll be absolutely gutted if this doesn't go ahead, I was really looking forward to it.

I do understand why it might not be worth the time and effort if too few players sign up - I just hope enough people express an interest soon enough to change your mind, Brogan.

If there's anything anyone can do to help. don't be afraid to delegate, there will be plenty of volunteers amongst the yes votes.

The FF1 is a key part of what makes CTA the site it is. Wouldn't be right not having it!

I am in the process of preparing the data :(

Unfortunately some of it can't be finalised due to various things not being confirmed such as the German GP, Caterham, Manor (Marussia), etc.

I may well just decide to leave Caterham and Manor out this year, as FF1 typically starts one month prior to the first race cutoff, which means tomorrow.

The Honda engine is likely to be set at the base price of £50 million.

I have no idea what the starting pot will be set at yet - I need to finish the data and then do some trial teams to see what will work best.

Joy.

I can't see anyone having a problem with Manor being missed off. Sauber will be available as a low cost team plus there are a few minimal value drivers also coming on board. They won't be competitive and unlikely to decide what happens in the FF1 championship.

Great!

All of the lap counts for every race are listed as TBC which means yet more incomplete data has to be updated at a later date.

This is why I hate doing this shit.

Brogan - Be nice to know that before they start the bloody race, wouldn't it? Unless they did a sort of FA Cup draw for it before the race starts and really screw with the teams.

I'm under the increasing suspicion that the F1 establishment are deliberetly publishing as few stats about anything involved in the sport of late in order to make it easier for them to do/say/change anything they blooming well want to at a moments notice.

Its a massive turn off for the fans to not have access to this sort of stuff and I imagine the American sports fans, who are stats obsessed, would be tearing their hair out.

Anyways good luck Brogan and remember we all appreciate it. I've just finished brewing some homemade Cider so if you fancy it bung me your address and I'll have a few bottles delievered to you as a thank you!

Back
Top Bottom