Fantasy F1 2012 Banter and Discussion Thread

Discussion in '2012 Fantasy F1' started by Galahad, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Here's the gloating/despairing thread for this season. How are you shaping up for the new season? Is your team in line to knock jez101 off the champion's perch? Or have you set your targets elsewhere?

Does anyone have any tips they'd like to share? As in every pre-season, beware - some of the messages may be deliberately calculated to mislead!

jez101 and Brogan like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. sushifiesta

sushifiesta Champion Elect Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I'm not sure if I'll be ready in time because I've got all sorts going on but I am in the process of thinking about making some system to try and challenge jez with!

I was counting on Raikkonen being a bargain at the start of the season though, I didn't realise his last 10 Ferrari races would count. Damn! Maybe Grosjean though...

Anyway, I might use 2012 as the testing ground and come out all guns blazing in 2013, we'll see.

jez101 likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Same here, and mine's absolutely foolproof and I am guaranteed not to finish behind him!

:D

Unless he posts 1 second before the deadline... :(

:whistle:

jez101 and sushifiesta like this.
  5. MCLS

MCLS Anti F1 fan Valued Member

Oooooh how I've missed this, got a very respectable 17th first time around, certainly wanting to beat that this time around :)

6. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    17th out of 16 isn't respectable LOL

Johnny Carwash likes this.
  7. MCLS

MCLS Anti F1 fan Valued Member

It is when it's out of 50 ;)

8. mjo

mjo Procrastinating Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Go with your gut.

9. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    Doh!

I've just realised who you are...

:embarrassed:

(For anyone wondering, he's from another forum we're both members of.)

Marc likes this.
  10. Marc

Marc Nothing to see here. Contributor

ROFL ...... Ah well, I can understand that. Me being one of the quiet, reserved fellas around :p ....

11. jez101

jez101 Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me Contributor

slipstreaming, you mean? ;)

what, the Keke approach... :whistle:

12. AlexM

AlexM Points Scorer Contributor

That tactic worked so well for you last year.. LOL

gethinceri likes this.
  13. jez101

jez101 Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me Contributor

Press Release: JCB Racing announces launch date

[​IMG]

Cambridge, UK. 17th February 2012 for immediate release

JCB Racing today announced that it will unveil its 2012 challenger at the final Barcelona test on 4th March 2012. The team started work on its 2012 model straight after the 2011 British Grand Prix, but R&D efforts have been delayed by the recently announced budget cap which has led the team to reappraise its direction for the new season.

Team principal, jez101 said of the delays, "The budget cap for the new season has really thrown a spanner in the works. We had a good idea of the core components of the team, but the restrictions mean that we will have to make some compromises to ensure we stay within the cap.

"The GFF1A have once again done a great job setting up the challenge for us all in the coming year. Unfortunately, it might lead to an ugly looking car, at least to begin with, but if we can keep delivering updates throughout the season we should be able to smooth a few of the rougher edges."

2011 was a hugely successful year for JCB Racing and the team is aware that this puts added pressure on the outfit going into 2012. "Last year we were kind of able to sneak up on the established outfits. We were a new team so no one was really watching us." jez101 explained. "This year, people are already talking about us being the team to beat so it will be a tough job to repeat what we achieved last year. We fully expect the other established teams to put up a big fight, and there are rumours of yet more new entrants adding even more quality to an already competitive field."

ENDS.

Arc Racing, Marc, teabagyokel and 3 others like this.
  14. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    I KNEW you were Christian Horner!

jez101 likes this.
  15. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    NEWSFLASH: Trouble Brews Pre-Season For Fantasy F1 Bottom Feeders
    Sources have informed Clip The Apex that Jack Schitt Racing have come under threat from a shareholder group who are determined to rename the team Auto Racing Scuderia Equipe. At an Extraordinary General Meeting of shareholders the group tabled the suggestion that the team had failed to attract significant sponsorship in the closed season due to the combination of poor performance last season and the Schitt name, rebranding was suggested as just the start point of the recovery plan with future developments to come including the use of random apostrophe's and Americanized spelling to allow more sponsors on the car due to there being one fewer letter in most words.
    In a statement from the team's Principal and number 2 it was made clear that the proposal had met with a mixed response:
    "We're Schitt, we always have been Schitt and it is our intention that we will remain Schitt. We have always attracted premium sponsorship, having those guys who make the rubber johnnies as sponsors last year was a great move, I'd name them but they haven't commited to this year yet. Still, it is our hope that those drug guys that do that stuff that makes your wanger stiff will rise to the occasion, we're looking for a performance related commitment from them, failing that I'm talking to those guys that do that stuff for when your bum starts itching, you know them but again no names until the ink's on the cheque and they've said that if I can convince Bernie to take us back to Austria they'll be in like a shot. We're still looking for the driver pairing to be completed so all you potential FF1 drivers just ask yourself, "Are you Schitt? Are you Schitt enough for a team that's as Schitt as this?" If you can bring a few quid and a new poster to replace the team's tatty Betty Boo 1990 calendar then you're almost guaranteed a seat."
    Asked whether he had a message for those that are keen to support the Auto Racing Scuderia Equipe renaming plan he ejaculated "gallant gusanu fy nhin, mae wedi cael pothelli wylo", we are unsure how this translates although Googlisation may help.
    Outside the team the suggestion has been made that the team's early declaration of entrance to this year's competition may have been precipitated by this threat to the team's name. When asked to comment Gethinceri's response was an unequivocal "Bollocks".

Arc Racing, Boyle, Mephisto and 4 others like this.
  16. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    TEABAGYOKEL UNVEILS NEW TEAM

Teabagyokel has today unveiled his new team. The team will this year be named τβψ in order to respect a significant Greek investment the team principal agreed last year, which will come from the proceeds of investment in companies on the Athens stock market.

"Yes, the new car looks austere, but austere is quite my mood what with the fate of the Greek investments I was relying on for a competitive advantage", said team principal Teabagyokel.

The team has raised much talk in the F1 paddock, after it was claimed by other teams that it was suspiciously similar to no-FIAt-please's Belgrave Racing runner and greenlantern101's Petrol Junkies. These similarities include "broken noses" on all three teams, after a punch up.

"We had an initial draft blocked by the GFF1A after a rule breach, but our current design has passed all the tests the GFF1A has put it through", insisted Teabagyokel, "and we are confident that our good form from the past can continue again this year."

Rumours of a technical link up with Jos the Boss have refused to go away.

17. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

Introducing Micturation Extraction Fantasy Racing Concern...

Featuring Electronic Cigar branding and sponsorship from a supermarket brand of knock-off Gin, this start-up outfit has few illusions about their prospects for the forthcoming season.

When contacted, only the works cat was available for comment (he said "Mao", leading to speculation that a Chinese consortium may also be involved).

The car is rumoured to have spectacularly beautiful wing-mirrors, reports suggest they are as "cute as a Hamster's ears".

A pink-shirted individual was definitely not seen in the vicinity of the factory shrubbery. No way. Not in the slightest. It was more of a mauve colour...

18. tooncheese

tooncheese Hans Heyer Contributor

Just found some end-plates in the bins outside Woking, launch might be earlier than we first thought!

teabagyokel likes this.
  19. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

The Midnight Spanners have just been accepted onto the grid for the 2012 season it is a brand new outfit who some say has the backing of the devil himself so look out for foul play and an even worse performance.

The name of the teams suggest that they are a crew of hard working mechanics who stay up till the wee hours tinkering with the car, but in fact I have been reliably informed the name means they are a bunch of useless gits who piss the night away listening to chumbawamba whilst taking the mick out of Eddie Jordans dress sense.

20. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Breaking News

The Midnight Spanners are starting an investigation into how top secret plans of their brand new championship challenger have been stolen and leaked to the discredited sunday rag "Fantasy of the World" news paper, when asked a Fantasy of the Word spokesperson said they "could not reveal there sources"

The Midnight Spanners are convinced they have a mole in their midsts and will flush him/her out soon. they are extremely concerned about the loss of the blueprints as they reveal in detail all of the new cars innovations as can be seen from this diagram.

The midnight spanners.gif

If you have any information regarding this outrage please keep it to yourself..

teabagyokel likes this.
  21. Slyboogy

Slyboogy World Champion Contributor

The team "Buemi rules" rules is lookin for an entry, as a one man team, it's changed locations several times and only has a front wing available right now, some say they may not make it to Australia, some say they are in the league of penguins, all we know is that they're called:

Buemi rules :)

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice